Best phone holder/car charger?

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What's the best phone holder via windshield or vent mount that has fast charging capabilities that's good quality for a decent price.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the best phone holder via windshield or vent mount that has fast charging capabilities that's good quality for a decent price.
Hi, if you look on Amazon they have good ones at great price. I dont have any to recommend , maybe some other members can chime in .

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have found nothing good in any sense of the term with mounts + fast charging. They either stop working after a little while (poor craftsmanship) or they eventually damage the phones battery from over heating. I've read WAY TOO MANY reviews that steered me away from getting one myself. You're better off going for a regular (non-charging) mount and getting a reputable fast car charger like an Anker or Aukey.

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I love my iOttie. They have come out with a wireless charging one. I have the iOttie Easy One Touch for my Note 8. Since it fits a wide variety of phones, I won't have to get another for my Note 10+.

I have never found one that worked with a vent. Not with the heavier Notes. Tried them (can't remember brands, been a while) with both my Note 4 and my Note 8. CD slot ones tend to work their way loose far too easily.

https://www.iottie.com/Product/List?Category=SmartphoneMount

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I love my iOttie. They have come out with a wireless charging one. I have the iOttie Easy One Touch for my Note 8. Since it fits a wide variety of phones, I won't have to get another for my Note 10+.

I have never found one that worked with a vent. Not with the heavier Notes. Tried them (can't remember brands, been a while) with both my Note 4 and my Note 8. CD slot ones tend to work their way loose far too easily.

https://www.iottie.com/Product/List?Category=SmartphoneMount

I bought the China version. A LOT cheaper!!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6630177

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm in search of a new car dock. Mine is old and not holding phone well. I am reading reviews on Amazon for wireless ones and found a Pleson, Choetech and a couple other names I haven't heard of. They range from like 24-30 bucks which is about what I want to spend. The I-Ottie is too much and I had 2 of their regular docks before and both broke this same piece. I found one CBYTT never heard of them it got good reviews but one person said they gave out $10 Amazon GC for 5 star reviews I don't know. But all the ones I am looking at are similar and will fast wireless charge my S10 Plus it says and have an auto close when you put phone in the dock and a button to auto open before you shut off your car. They make vent mounts and dashboard/window mounts. I've always used window ones and prefer that. Anyone have any of these brands or a similar wireless one you would recommend? Just Curious! Thanks!

astrodan13

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the iottie! I'm not sure of the model # but it can attach to the windshield or mount anywhere with the included disc that you first place on the dashboard, etc and then it mounts onto the disc. I've never had it fall down or any issues with it. And it does fast wireless charging, and can fit a wide array of phones. I use it with my work issued Samsung Note 9 and my Samsung S10 +. It's also very adjustable, in/out, up/down. Turn it sideways and it'll charge while you're watching a video. In my opinion, it's worth every penny.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the iottie! I'm not sure of the model # but it can attach to the windshield or mount anywhere with the included disc that you first place on the dashboard, etc and then it mounts onto the disc. I've never had it fall down or any issues with it. And it does fast wireless charging, and can fit a wide array of phones. I use it with my work issued Samsung Note 9 and my Samsung S10 +. It's also very adjustable, in/out, up/down. Turn it sideways and it'll charge while you're watching a video. In my opinion, it's worth every penny.

Thanks, Ok maybe I'll get it! It's just that it is more expensive like 50 bucks I think over the ones I am looking out for 25 or 30. And when I googled best wireless fast charging docks it brought up this list and said from Android Central and the CBYTT one was number one but another person said people were giving it 5 star reviews just to get a free amazon gift card which is dumb. And then the Choetech was 2nd which I was looking at that and even the Pleson one I was looking at was in there like 3rd or 4th. But today I got a slick deals email about if you use Amex reward points and I have some to use you can get 20% off plus I have a $15 and something credit for returning something so I guess I'll read up and maybe go with I-Ottie instead of brands I never heard of but my one I-ottie broke twice the same piece. I just looked on Amazon and the one I am reading about only has 3.5 start reviews less than the cheaper ones I was looking at. Not sure what to do now. But I'll decide here soon.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh well turns out I bought this one by CBYTT because I-Ottie didn't have that many good reviews on Amazon and I had trouble with 2 breaking in the past. The one I got had 86% five stars and people were saying because they offered you a $10 Amazon gift card to do so and they were right and I can't believe all these people would do that over $10. Yes I would do it if I really liked the product that much and I would have to use it for a week or two then decide. Well I haven't put it on my windshield yet but I plugged it in and it didn't say fast wirless charging with the included QC 3.0 plus that goes into your lighter. The included cable isn't USB-C that plugs into the dock itself. But I switched and used my Samsung charger instead I have a dual one that fast charges my phone with a USB-C. Anyway it then said fast charging so now I will put it up on the windshield and try it. Hopefully it will be ok and turn out to be a good one. It came with a air vent holder and/or you can do dash or windshield.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463