Any new or improved screen protectors for the S10 plus?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. I use nothing but Zagg. They are superb, AND they stand behind their product. No orange peel or stickiness, at least on the proper Invisible Shield product.

Note: after installation, re-do your fingerprints.

Which Zagg do you use? I know their is 3 different ones and the glass one doesn't read your fingerprint. One person on here had ultra clear and someone else from you tube mentioned glass fusion I think it was called and said it fit good had a camera cutout and that you didn't have to redo your fingerprint. I am going to try Zagg I guess since the stand at the mall puts them on. I called the other day they had one kind I forgot which one but it was 40 bucks but Best Buy had them on sale cheaper.

Last edited:

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Rose,
I look forward to seeing your update. I know that I can buy a good film protector with the same compromises I've seen before - most notably a somewhat tacky feel.

I am hoping there's a product that is just as good as the OEM protector that comes with the 10+

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Morty,
That OEM protector looks interesting, as some of the people that have reviewed it say that it feels just like the original. But, many other buyers really dislike it, and on the Samsung site, it's very poorly rated.

Still, there are people like you that really love it, and I find that promising, so I may give it a try.
I've looked in various online retailers, including eBay, but it looks like Samsung is the only seller for the 10+.

Any other ideas of where to buy this at a better price point than Samsung's site?

You're right, I too saw the bad reviews and was concerned - but since Samsung made the product, I figured it had to work well with the screen and the in-display fingerprint scanner.

Like I said, I was a little off with my installation and so I have some leftover tiny bubbles that I can smooth out still. It also depends on the cases I use - some kind of fit the phone a little differently, it seems. But that's user error. I do have an extra film I can install if need be.

I'm a screen protector snob - and this is a pretty good way to keep my phone looking premium and still having access to the main security feature of the phone. I'm satisfied with my purchase!

I'm not sure of where else you could purchase the film other than from Samsung's website - maybe Amazon?

I did watch an installation video on YouTube and it really helped - not only with installation but also with seeing what the results of said installation would be. I was happy that the film had this "premium" look to it.

Let us know what you decide!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Looking at both Zagg and Samsung. Both have horrible reviews, but some people here on this forum like them. I guess this is just another example of people posting more often when they are unhappy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Looking at both Zagg and Samsung. Both have horrible reviews, but some people here on this forum like them. I guess this is just another example of people posting more often when they are unhappy.

It is certainly a social phenomenon that I see everywhere there are reviews of products.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Rose,
I look forward to seeing your update. I know that I can buy a good film protector with the same compromises I've seen before - most notably a somewhat tacky feel.

I am hoping there's a product that is just as good as the OEM protector that comes with the 10+

I know I read good and bad reviews and I hate to spend so much on Zagg and not like it. I wish I hadn't messed up the ones Samsung sent me as a replacement back when we had 30 days to claim. I got a 2 pack gave my husband one I think he lost it and mine got messed up I had stuck it in my purse. I'm kind of still undecided I go back and forth.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know I read good and bad reviews and I hate to spend so much on Zagg and not like it. I wish I hadn't messed up the ones Samsung sent me as a replacement back when we had 30 days to claim. I got a 2 pack gave my husband one I think he lost it and mine got messed up I had stuck it in my purse. I'm kind of still undecided I go back and forth.

Buying screen protectors is actually a very complicated and stressful process - especially when you have the double whammy of in-display fingerprint sensors and curved screens, in many cases. Keep us posted on what you decide!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden my protector has gotten worse. It has 2 spots on the bottom left which of course shows up when screen is off really bad. Looks like 2 wholes in the protector. I have to get one here really soon. Anyone gotten one recently? I do want the FP to work well.