Google Icon has me stumped!

OrangeBerry02

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I have started to get a Google icon appearing at the top of my screen ... I don't understand how to deal with it and would be grateful for help.

With ref to the attached image, I have circled the icon in red. When I swipe down to see my notifications there it is at the bottom under the heading "Silent notifications".

If I tap the "let-down" arrow and/or the associated blue folder icon to the right, nothing happens.

If I tap the centre of the main message where it says "Tap here to enter Safe" the relevant window disappears/closes and I am not taken to my "Safe". The Google icon (which looks rather like a OneDrive icon) disappears from the top of the main display.

If I go to "Safe" that works fine but I see nothing there to explain the notification.

Next time I access the phone the Google icon returns.

Look forward to hearing what I should do!!

Attachments

• 20200502092635.jpg
    20200502092635.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 28

OrangeBerry02

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help ... opened Safe ... gone to Google ... switched off notifications. Seems to have worked ... for now at least!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That screenshot with the swipedown panel looks like it was on the lockscreen, and you probably have Google set to hide content on the lockscreen. After you've unlocked the screen, when you swipe down the notification panel, that Google notification should show the actual temperature. I'm able to swipe it away easily in that situation -- you're unable to?

You can turn off that specific notification -- swipe the notification about halfway away, then tap the gear icon that shows up. Then tap Turn Off Notifications there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463