S1O Samsung Keyboard

GracieC

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I'm new to S10 just under a week, I'm loving the phone and learning all its fe a features. I had been using Samsung Keyboard up until this AM when new Update was installed.

So far I noticed that Samsung Keyboard no Longer supports GIF'S OR Stickers.

I'm not all that tech savvy but do want to use all features!

Anyone know how to fix this? Of a different keyboard to DL?

Thx

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
OK, I just got the update. Nothing's changed.

On your keyboard, above the number row, do you see the icons? At the right are three dots in a row. Touch them. See the options it gives you? GIFs and stickers are in that list of options, as they have been for quite some time now.

GracieC

May 8, 2020
Visit site
I checked and it's not there. I thought maybe i should update the app on the Galaxy Store.. well loneandbehold, it appears I'm not the only one with this issue. It appears the app was updated and remove. if you go to Galaxy Store and then Samsung Keyboard, you'll see it there. I'm hopeful they will fix it because I don't want to use other apps for a keyboard but I may just need it.. appreciate the time you took to review.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't show in Updates, but if you search the Galaxy Store it's there. Mine shows installed.

If you search the Galaxy Store and find it, what does it show for you? Installed?

natasha2020

May 15, 2020
Visit site
@GracieC
by "Samsung Keyboard no Longer supports GIF'S OR Stickers", do you mean the gif button (above the keyboard number row) has disappeared after new Update was installed?
or, when you touch the gif button, do you see the "you can download the GIFs set..." as in the in the link above provided by mustang7757?
When I tried the gif button after update, I had to install one additional apk from Galaxy Store to use stickers and gif.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
They are still there. They are a separate app that needs to be downloaded from the store. No charge

What app?

There's nothing there. S10+ Tmo, OneUI 2.1, May update.

Can't use the GIF button in the Samsung keyboard--"can't use GIFs because it's not compatible"--and there's nothing in the Galaxy Store to fix that.

So if you know something different, please describe it specifically.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Samsung keyboard and GIFs--"not compatible" error

OneUI 2.1 seems to have "broken" GIFs in the Samsung keyboard.

When you try to use them, you get an error that indicates "not compatible". Your only choice is an OK button.

This is fixable, but it's not at all obvious. From the Samsung community:

Having messaged Samsung this morning I managed to get the native Samsung keyboard working again by doing a soft reset on the phone. On the galaxy s10 plus this is holding the power button and volume down button together until the phone restarts.

Once the phone has restarted, providing you still have Samsung keyboard as your default...open WhatsApp (or whatever app that uses the keyboard) and attempt to use a gif, it will then prompt you to download collector for keyboard.

This worked.

It's the only way to download the Keyboard Content Center. It won't show up for you any other way, apparently. Lord knows I tried.

The Keyboard Content Center was updated just today, as a matter of fact. May 15.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember it was a long time ago for an old guy. At least 3-4 weeks. I just went to the store or I googled something that pointed to an app in the galaxy store and then like magic I had the GIF's and Emoji's and all that stuff back. Looking through my apps list I think AR Zone, AR Apps, AR Doodle, AR Emoji AR Emoji stickers. AR Zone. Anyhow, they came all together I didn't download 5 different things. Installed it and then the buttons were back on my keyboard.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung keyboard and GIFs--"not compatible" error

OneUI 2.1 seems to have "broken" GIFs in the Samsung keyboard.

When you try to use them, you get an error that indicates "not compatible". Your only choice is an OK button.

This is fixable, but it's not at all obvious. From the Samsung community:

This worked.

It's the only way to download the Keyboard Content Center. It won't show up for you any other way, apparently. Lord knows I tried.

The Keyboard Content Center was updated just today, as a matter of fact. May 15.

Followed the steps outlined on my S10 and worked perfectly! Keyboard is back to normal. Thanks! 👍