hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had this happen. Dropped my regular S10, and now only get half a screen. It worked for a few days, with the bottom half flickering (like it was shorting out) and now its toast.

All touch and on screen fingerprint functions work, but a completely black bottom half kind of makes it difficult to use LOL, more like useless.

I want to order some parts and try to fix myself, but not sure what I will need to fix (seeing as all the buttons still work).

Thoughts? Here's a pic....

thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Broken screen S10 - what do I need to buy to fix.-s10-screen.jpg  
    05-22-2020 09:44 AM
    hey guys, I'm sure I'm not the only one to have had this happen. Dropped my regular S10, and now only get half a screen. It worked for a few days, with the bottom half flickering (like it was shorting out) and now its toast.

All touch and on screen fingerprint functions work, but a completely black bottom half kind of makes it difficult to use LOL, more like useless.

I want to order some parts and try to fix myself, but not sure what I will need to fix (seeing as all the buttons still work).

Thoughts? Here's a pic....

thanks in advance.
    Hi, if you haven't done a screen replacement before , I recommend you take it to a repair center so you don't damage anything further.
    If you like to still attempt this https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-22-2020 10:39 AM
    Thanks I've done them in the past so not worried about that. More curious what parts I need exactly.... I don't want to buy everything, just the items I need based on my symptoms.

Hi, if you haven't done a screen replacement before , I recommend you take it to a repair center so you don't damage anything further.
    If you like to still attempt this https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S10
    05-22-2020 11:57 AM
    Thanks I've done them in the past so not worried about that. More curious what parts I need exactly.... I don't want to buy everything, just the items I need based on my symptoms.
    If you go to that site they sell what you need for that job. Your welcome!
    05-22-2020 12:01 PM
    Thanks man. I checked it out but can't see anything that says something to the effect of: if part of display is black and touch functions and everything else works then you just need to replace xyz part. Know what I mean?
    If you go to that site they sell what you need for that job. Your welcome!
    05-22-2020 12:05 PM
    Thanks man. I checked it out but can't see anything that says something to the effect of: if part of display is black and touch functions and everything else works then you just need to replace xyz part. Know what I mean?
    You'll need a new display
    sdmf and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-22-2020 12:18 PM
    What case was it in....so I know what to stay away from
    05-22-2020 08:46 PM