Is there a plastic REPLACEMENT for the S10 back glass?

Terry Wysocki

Sep 10, 2019
Visit site
I've now broken my THIRD back glass on my S10! I never have dropped the phone nor even bumped hard that I can recall, but for some reason the idiotic glass back is broken again and I'm tired of the hassle of replacing it. What rocket scientist came up with the idea to use glass!!!??

Anyway, I really don't want to get a case because I bought the phone because it was so thin and sleek. So all I want to do is get a replacement back MADE of plastic, but I can't seem to find one anywhere. Does such an animal exist? If not, why not? Someone could make some easy money with this idea!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
They dont make plastic replacement otherwise its not orginal and wouldn't buy it if you run across one .

Maybe with a battery or display... But i can't see a reason to avoid a third party backplate.

It probably wouldn't be THAT expensive to have one fabricated from acrylic if you can't find one.

Realistically though, the writing is on the wall. You've broken three of them, use a case!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They dont make plastic replacement otherwise its not orginal and wouldn't buy it if you run across one .

I'd love to have the back of my Note 10+:in plastic.
Who wants an original phone.

Don't care if that's the only way you can do wireless charging.
Glass is a poor design.
Trade ins really ain't that good.
The folks that take your phone in on trade,
Try hard to find something wrong with it.

I tell them to STOP..
GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK

I give it to a family member or somebody.

I can't talk take the BS.

I wished there was a way to hold Samsung responsible for all the gladd.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Glass is a poor design.

I tell them to STOP..
GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK

Wireless charging works equally well through plastic and glass. Glass is used simply because it's more "premium", and also more scratch resistant.

Why wouldn't a shop closely examine your phone's condition before offering you a price?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung was offering the rebate.
I was at Best Buy.
The lady acted like it was gonna be her personal phone.
I had all the original cords..chargers and box complete.

People talk about premium phones.
.it makes me wish.
All premium phones start at 2500.00 and go up.

Stick a diamond ring on yer finger and wear it.
So you got premium.

I'm very tired of playing with Glass gets stuck in a case..and even gets broken there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Glass is a poor design.

I tell them to STOP..
GIVE ME MY PHONE BACK

Guess they followed the flow how phones were going and wanted to make it premium.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe with a battery or display... But i can't see a reason to avoid a third party backplate.

It probably wouldn't be THAT expensive to have one fabricated from acrylic if you can't find one.

Realistically though, the writing is on the wall. You've broken three of them, use a case!
I guess when design a phone they don't leave options like that on the table , could be many reasons why. But agree if OP having that much of a issue breaking , a case is mandatory .

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Guess they followed the flow how phones were going and wanted to make it premium.

I want them to be expensive.

I have never liked things made out of glass

I got a China cabinet full of expensive China.
Taking up space.
In 35 yrs its been used maybe one time.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There is a ceramic back available for the S10 PLUS which has great durability reviews. Unfortunately not available for the S10! Also, I've found a polycarbonate back for the S10 at https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-S...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6810851

But it only ships to CANADA! There are also other options available in 3rd world countries. How can I get this in the good ol' USA?
I just wouldn't trust it , would it keep its water resistant rating? Wireless charging?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Plastic doesn't effect either of those things, as long as it's fitted correctly.

I'll tell you what doesn't retain an IP rating (worthless as they are), cracked glass.
Makes sense should work and what your saying, but any time you change something that wasn't orginally designed stuff can happen, as for ip water resistant thats a feature I like on phone for added safety measure , yes cracked glass thats out the window but I wouldn't use a phone with cracked glass and if I repaired it , be someone certified to make sure it keeps the ip rating .

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There is a ceramic back available for the S10 PLUS which has great durability reviews. Unfortunately not available for the S10! Also, I've found a polycarbonate back for the S10 at https://www.amazon.ca/Replacement-S...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6810910

But it only ships to CANADA! There are also other options available in 3rd world countries. How can I get this in the good ol' USA?
The frame for the ceramic backs is different anyway. Ceramic can still break but it is more durable.

For the plastic contact Nufix and see if they ship it to you

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this is like a month old but I only just saw it and have one comment.

When the glass back on my HTC U12+ broke I thought like some of you that the IP rating was gone. To my surprise when the replacement came in and I removed the back I found that it's like a soda can, coated in plastic. So even though there was this massive hole, more or less, across the back of the device it was still protected by this thick plastic coating under the glass. Now I can't speak for Samsung. I don't know if Terry Wysocki replaced his own backs, I imagine if he had he would have chimed in about the presence of or lack of any kind of internal barrier.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The dude at you brake , I fix replaced the back on my note 10+ , put some kind of glue around the back cover, besides what the cover came with.
He said the glue would make it water proof.
I got out for 40.00 for everything.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The dude at you brake , I fix replaced the back on my note 10+ , put some kind of glue around the back cover, besides what the cover came with.
He said the glue would make it water proof.
I got out for 40.00 for everything.
That's pretty inexpensive for any repair. That included parts?