Hello everyone!

I finally gave up the Xperia Compact lineup and joined the Galaxy family with a S10e - I hate to admit but the Galaxy feels lightyears ahead of the Xperia.

I have a few questions regarding photos / storage location / editing software and I was hoping someone could help me: I would like to take photos and save them directly on my SD Card (either using Samsung Camera or "Open Camera" App) and then be able to edit the photo under Samsung Gallery and override current edited photo.

Currently every photo I edit the Samsung Galaxy creates a separate file in a different folder in the local storage, despite the Samsung Camera being set to save photos in the External Storage (SD). S I end up with two photos.

Any feedback on how to achieve this?

And a side question regarding apps to use:

1. Which one is more recommended by the group: Samsung Camera or 3rd party camera app similar to "Open Camera"? When using Xperia the 3rd party was clearly the way to go, but the Samsung Camera seems pretty powerful so I would like to ask what is the common sense among the group.

2. Same question for Photo Manager and Editor: Samsung Gallery or 3rd party album camera?

Thanks in advance!
    07-02-2020 01:51 PM
    While you can certainly set the default storage option on the stock camera app to the SD card (albeit being absolutely NOT recommended and completely advised against... just check the myriad of forum posts with 'Help! I lost all my pictures saved on SD Card with no back up!'), the stock editing options (i.e. directly from the Gallery app) do not have the option to do destructive editing; all the edits made there will create a separate file every time. Only if you use a 3rd party editing app that supports this (but that wouldn't be directly from the Gallery options, you'd have to either open the file manually from said app or use the Share menu into that app) can you do what you want.
    07-02-2020 07:39 PM