Reddit is being useless about this, how do I fix this audio issue?

Nyte 1

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
See, i got my s10 yesterday with my contract upgrade and after setting it all up I was happy with it. Everything worked great and it was all fine.

But the problem arose when I wanted to do 2 things at once. See I'm practically always on call with my boyfriend. Day in and day out, only off call when he has to go out with family. The call itself is fine but when I tried doing something else (listen to music/watch youtube/Netflix/tiktok etc) the audio messed up (with and without headphones).

The call audio stayed the same but the background audio(music/video) became not only muffled but it didn't play as it should. When the audio got too quiet it acted as though nothing was playing despite the audio still actually being there.

It is as though the entertainment audio is trying to play through terrible speakers that can't play certain volumes.

Its annoying as my previous phone (A5 2017) didnt have this issue and played the background audio as though I wasn't on call at all, played all volumes correctly/not muffled etc.

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We had another question about this relatively recently: https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...hile-call-someone-galaxy-s10.html#post6810438

It's a bit odd that your previous phone could do this. I would think it's standard for a phone to pause any background media while on a phone call so as not to interfere with the call itself. In any case, consider the alternative I suggested in the other thread, which is to make calls using a different platform like Skype.

19sparky82

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Try using the "separate sound app" settings and send your entertainment audio to another device, such as a bluetooth speaker or wireless head phones, so it doesn't try to use the phone speakers. Navigate: settings/sounds and vibration/separate app sound

Nyte 1

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Try using the "separate sound app" settings and send your entertainment audio to another device, such as a bluetooth speaker or wireless head phones, so it doesn't try to use the phone speakers. Navigate: settings/sounds and vibration/separate app sound

I dont have any Bluetooth devices. Just my wired Razer Kraken pros and the akg earbuds the phone came with

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I registered

Welcome to Android Central! We are glad you registered! Hope you find an app that will better assist you in multitasking. I think Skype, or even Zoom, could be an option. When you're not actually talking to your partner, you can always mute your mic and do something else using the Chat feature.

Nyte 1

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! We are glad you registered! Hope you find an app that will better assist you in multitasking. I think Skype, or even Zoom, could be an option. When you're not actually talking to your partner, you can always mute your mic and do something else using the Chat feature.

It seems as though this is an issue on the other apps too. Like in the other post that is about this problem, the media volume is being paired along with the in-call volume too. Its just annoying as I've even tried installed the sound assistant app from the galaxy store and there isnt anything to help.

I just wanna hang on call with me partner and listen to music dammit XD

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It seems as though this is an issue on the other apps too. Like in the other post that is about this problem, the media volume is being paired along with the in-call volume too. Its just annoying as I've even tried installed the sound assistant app from the galaxy store and there isnt anything to help.

I just wanna hang on call with me partner and listen to music dammit XD

I'm sorry that this is happening for you! I don't think it would be any different with video calls on Facebook Messenger, but you could at least get tasks done by minimizing the window by making it smaller.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I meannn when your partner is 4300 miles away and is basically your only form of communication outside of your house... you would be doing the same
There was a period of time between 2011 and 2015 when I spent hours on the phone with a friend. We both had no one to talk to during the day so we would be on the phone for hours. We were not in a relationship but we were best friends. It only stopped after he got a girlfriend. Then I didn't hear from him for months. But I do understand the loneliness and the comfort you can get from being on the phone with someone miles away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1