"App isn't available" App crash glitch after exiting app?

thefairyfolk

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
Hi! My Galaxy S10+ has this glitch sometimes and I've no clue why it happens. I attached a screenshot. It's not a crash of an open app, but happens when I have already exited out of the app. I get the message "Close all" and under it "App isn't available". However, no apps are open. The message lasts on the screen for a little while and pressing on home button (middle) or multi-app (bottom left) doesn't clear it. I have to keep pressing it. (Also, I had this glitch where my lockscreen suddenly zoomed in and I had to restart the phone for it to be normal again. And one time the phone restarted on its own.)

Any idea what's causing it? TIA20200708_115314.jpeg

thefairyfolk

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
re: "App isn't available" App crash glitch after exiting app?

Not in recovery, no. I did clear cache in the past in the Settings for various apps.

I didn't try the recovery mode. I'm using my phone hotspot while working at home and am afraid if my phone gets frozen in recovery, I'll lose my Internet connection. My work software connects through servers.
Ok, have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: "App isn't available" App crash glitch after exiting app?

Not in recovery, no. I did clear cache in the past in the Settings for various apps.

I didn't try the recovery mode. I'm using my phone hotspot while working at home and am afraid if my phone gets frozen in recovery, I'll lose my Internet connection. My work software connects through servers.
It shouldn't get frozen in recovery, but then try it later when your not working.

thefairyfolk

Jun 16, 2019
Visit site
Well, toast showed the One UI app as the error glitch source. Can't uninstall that as it's part of the OS. Did clear cache and data, but that cleared my screen layout settings and I had to reorganize everything. Grrr! Anyway, the glitch doesn't bother me that much.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How are you exiting out of the apps -- by tapping Home or Back, or by tapping the Overview button?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, toast showed the One UI app as the error glitch source. Can't uninstall that as it's part of the OS. Did clear cache and data, but that cleared my screen layout settings and I had to reorganize everything. Grrr! Anyway, the glitch doesn't bother me that much.
Did it have option to force close it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42