I have certain contacts with multiple address that I have saved and when searching within Google Maps, only 1 of their addresses will populate. I would like both to populate when I search so that I can chose if I'd like to travel to their regular home or vacation home. I have tried changing both saved addresses to "home" and then 1 address to "home" and the other to "other." I can't seem to get both to be searchable within the Map search bar or to show up when zooming in on the map.
    07-11-2020 04:50 PM
    Not sure you can change that, which phone ?
    07-11-2020 08:37 PM
    07-15-2020 08:43 AM
    [Moved this to s10 Forum for more traffic]
    07-15-2020 10:04 AM
    Thanks
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-16-2020 04:33 PM
    Thanks
    Your welcome!
    07-16-2020 08:43 PM
    I did some testing and yeah it only shows the address listed as Home. The way I was able to trick it was to create a second contact and set the second address as home for the new contact. If you merge the contacts they will show up in your contact list as one contact but the second address will also appear on Maps.
    07-17-2020 01:05 AM
    I did some testing and yeah it only shows the address listed as Home. The way I was able to trick it was to create a second contact and set the second address as home for the new contact. If you merge the contacts they will show up in your contact list as one contact but the second address will also appear on Maps.
    Sort of.

All of my contacts are merged.

If you zoom in on the map for a particular location, you can see that it is listed as "XXX's Home".

If you search within the Google Maps search bar, it only populates the "home" that's listed first when you view their contact that you have saved in "contacts".
    07-17-2020 09:11 AM
    For my test I used a local restaurant, I don't have friends with multiple addresses, and when I go to Maps, scroll and look both locations appear with (Home) listed next to each. You're correct when I type the contact only one Home appears.

What if instead of typing you touch MORE under the search bar to get other options. One of those options is Labeled. There you see all of the contacts that have addresses and all of the addresses for that contact that appear on the map. (I would post a screenshot but it would require a lot of redacting so just go there to see what I mean.) If you were going to type the name anyway, this may be even fewer steps.

Maps>Search>More>Labeled>scroll to the one you want.

You could also just open the map and scroll and touch.

If neither of these is easy enough then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
    07-20-2020 07:52 PM
    Sort of.

All of my contacts are merged.

If you zoom in on the map for a particular location, you can see that it is listed as "XXX's Home".

If you search within the Google Maps search bar, it only populates the "home" that's listed first when you view their contact that you have saved in "contacts".
    When you see the "home" on the map, touch it then bring up the details for it. You will see the contact. Bring up the contact details, scroll to the other address and touch it to see on the map. It is then recorded on Maps as "other".

Now both addresses are on Maps for that contact. I do not know if it will remain so moving forward.
    07-21-2020 05:04 PM
    Seems like a glitch on Google's end but we'll make do. When you type in someone's name, all of their addresses should pop up. Not just when you zoom in on the map. Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.
    07-22-2020 02:44 PM
    Seems like a glitch on Google's end but we'll make do. When you type in someone's name, all of their addresses should pop up. Not just when you zoom in on the map. Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.
    No worries. I've not used this option before so found it interesting. Hopefully Google will make it better soon.
    07-22-2020 03:02 PM