[some apps won't let me select photos from Gallery, only Camera]

ghostlyx

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
I've noticed that some apps that can let you select photos for things give me the option to take a photo with the camera, but I can't choose pictures from my gallery. My friends were not having this issue :/

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Would only let me select camera apps and not photos from my gallery

Which phone?
Which version of android?
Which gallery app?
Which camera app?
Which apps are giving problems when you try to select a picture?

ghostlyx

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
Would only let me select camera apps and not photos from my gallery

(Decided to make it more specific this time with an account)
I've noticed that some apps that can let you select photos for things give me the option to take a photo with the camera, but I can't choose pictures from my gallery. My friends were not having this issue :/

I'm using a samsung galaxy s10+ with android 10 installed and some of the apps it has issues with was an ios launcher with the option for me to change my icon styles, and replika

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the General Help forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Show us a screenshot of when you try to select a photo: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. I want to see if there are any options to back up one step to a broader selection screen.

Make sure you block any identifying information in the screenshot, if you can.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Duplicate threads merged.

Sorry, I messed up a bit when merging threads, so I had to create a new thread title. Sorry about that, @ghostlyx!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try reset the gallery app by long pressing tap info go to storage clear data,cache, force stop. See if that helps

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you select Camera, does it automatically open the Camera app, or does it give you another selection screen to choose between the Camera and the Gallery?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps​ and select one of those apps, then Permissions. Do the apps have Storage permission turned on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Replika wouldn't let me test it without creating an account, so I didn't go further with that. On iOS Launcher 14, when I go to the Change Icon option, it gives a bunch of icon choices, but also a My Photos option at the lower right. When I tap that, I get Camera and Files as possible selections. Do you see that?