S10, moving photos from one SD card to another one

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung S10 and I recall before when putting a new SD card, and moving the photos from the old one to the new one, they would lose the actual taken date. Meaning, whenever I would go to Gallery, instead of the photos been categorized by date, as they were taken or the video, they would have the new date of when they got transfer. So all the photos, hundreds of them would all be under one date.

is there a way to prevent this? My wife has an S10 too and her SD card just got filled and I am in the process of installing a new SD card, and moving the photos to the new one. Is there a way they can be move without losing the dates. So when I go to the Gallery, they would all be under the actual dates.

Thanks in advance.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Samsungs gallery doesn't organize photos by date taken, it organizes them by the date the file was created.

I'm not sure if the gallery app is the same as it is on the Note 9, but on my Note 9 I have the option to sort by name rather than date file was created. Since the standard file names of Samsungs photos start with the date they were taken this may sort them the way you want.

If that doesn't work you'll need to try another gallery app as already suggested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol