I have a Samsung S10 and I recall before when putting a new SD card, and moving the photos from the old one to the new one, they would lose the actual taken date. Meaning, whenever I would go to Gallery, instead of the photos been categorized by date, as they were taken or the video, they would have the new date of when they got transfer. So all the photos, hundreds of them would all be under one date.

is there a way to prevent this? My wife has an S10 too and her SD card just got filled and I am in the process of installing a new SD card, and moving the photos to the new one. Is there a way they can be move without losing the dates. So when I go to the Gallery, they would all be under the actual dates.

Thanks in advance.
    11-22-2020 10:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I think you'd have to use a different gallery app that lists photos by the date they were taken (in their EXIF data), rather than their file creation date. Try Piktures.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-22-2020 11:52 AM
    Samsungs gallery doesn't organize photos by date taken, it organizes them by the date the file was created.

I'm not sure if the gallery app is the same as it is on the Note 9, but on my Note 9 I have the option to sort by name rather than date file was created. Since the standard file names of Samsungs photos start with the date they were taken this may sort them the way you want.

If that doesn't work you'll need to try another gallery app as already suggested.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-22-2020 12:35 PM
    If you want to use a file browser to transfer the pictures, try "X-plore". It seems to preserve the file dates where others do not.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atgames.Xplore
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-22-2020 07:47 PM
    [Moved your question to s10 forums for specific traffic]
    11-22-2020 07:48 PM