What can I do with my S10+?

enginestar

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
I've been using the phone for about 4 months.
Usage: browsing, email and basic photos.

Erm... are the super fantastic features that I should be aware of that I should really be using!?

Thanks 🙂

jagrlover

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the phone for about 4 months.
Usage: browsing, email and basic photos.

Erm... are the super fantastic features that I should be aware of that I should really be using!?

Thanks 🙂

I use mine to charge my Samsung Gear 3 smartwatch when it's battery is low and I'm not at home.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I see you are a newer user here - welcome to Android Central! I have an S10, and love it too! Here are some of the features that I love using on my phone - maybe you'll enjoy them, too!

- Good Lock app. If you love customizing the look of your phone, you need to check out this app! Head on over to the Play Store!

- Edge Screen. I didn't think I'd use this feature very much, but it's very handy and I've grown to really love it. You can organize your favourite apps and contacts and get to them from almost any screen/app.

- Edge Lighting. I love having the edge of my screen light up when I get a text message - especially since I often have my phone face-down. You can also customize the animations on your screen and which apps will get the lighting when they come through on your phone. Very handy feature.

- Samsung Theme Store. Great free themes, wallpapers, and icon packs here; as well as paid stuff that is worth the buy!

- Single Take. Recently, the S10 line got an S20 camera as an update to its software - Single Take. It has changed the way my phone takes pictures. Try it out if you enjoy taking photos with your phone!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to the forums. I have a S10+ and I just love my phone. I use mine to do everything in my life.

I record my blood sugar results, manage my finances using banking apps, Google sheets and coda.

I love to customise my phone using Samsung themes and icons packs, I also love kwgt widgets but they can be complicated for a newbie.

I manage my sleep using a smartwatch and companion app.

I control my lights, heating and even boil my kettle using smart devices and my phone.

I play an addictive dragon game.

I read a lot of news using news apps.

I come to these forums using the ac forums app.

And I take a ton of photos and videos. Like Morty I use single take or have motion photos turned on to take cracking photos of my cats.

I make short videos using the built in movie maker in the gallery app.

I talk to my family and friends using messaging apps and video calls.

And best of all there is Dex. This feature allows the S10+ to turn into a desktop computer. If you have a compatible smart TV of any brand, you can connect to the screen and navigate the system as if it were a PC. You can also use a monitor and hook it up with a USB c cable. You can also add a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have a complete pc experience.

There is a ton of use with this brilliant phone. It is fast and smooth and is a great choice of phone.

I do hope we have given you some insight. And I hope it helps.

enginestar

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
Single take?
Never used before.
Can't judge anything by your pic as such. But love the cat. I absolutely love cats. ??????
Will be trying timorrow.

Screen edge... I thought I had it turned on for messages... I think I have. I'll give it a go.

Good lock - I think I have installed.
What else does it do?
I think I've got it replacing the dual app opening (Samsung implementation is absolutely rubbish).

One thing I DESPERATELY miss is app lock built in.
My previous phone was a Xiaomi. Best phone ever. Wasn't even top of the range. I think it was the 9T.
Everything about it (apart from camera) is better than the Samsung Galaxy IMHO.

The ONLY reason I have the Galaxy is because I have my banking apps on my phone.
I didn't want to risk being exposed to Chinese spyware (though the phone was completely clean of any bloatware - but then, this was a 'Global ROM').

enginestar

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi there and welcome to the forums. I have a S10+ and I just love my phone. I use mine to do everything in my life.

I record my blood sugar results, manage my finances using banking apps, Google sheets and coda.

I love to customise my phone using Samsung themes and icons packs, I also love kwgt widgets but they can be complicated for a newbie.

I manage my sleep using a smartwatch and companion app.

I control my lights, heating and even boil my kettle using smart devices and my phone.

I play an addictive dragon game.

I read a lot of news using news apps.

I come to these forums using the ac forums app.

And I take a ton of photos and videos. Like Morty I use single take or have motion photos turned on to take cracking photos of my cats.

I make short videos using the built in movie maker in the gallery app.

I talk to my family and friends using messaging apps and video calls.

And best of all there is Dex. This feature allows the S10+ to turn into a desktop computer. If you have a compatible smart TV of any brand, you can connect to the screen and navigate the system as if it were a PC. You can also use a monitor and hook it up with a USB c cable. You can also add a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have a complete pc experience.

There is a ton of use with this brilliant phone. It is fast and smooth and is a great choice of phone.

I do hope we have given you some insight. And I hope it helps.

Just read your reply.
Most features: you can get in my Xiaomi ??????
But really impressed with:

>> I make short videos using the built in movie maker in the gallery app.
Need to try

>> "And best of all there is Dex. This feature allows the S10+ to turn into a desktop computer. If you have a compatible smart TV of any brand, you can connect to the screen and navigate the system as if it were a PC. You can also use a monitor and hook it up with a USB c cable. You can also add a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have a complete pc experience."
WHAT?? You're joking? I've missed this out all this time?
Damn!! Going to give it a go tmrw!!

Thanks

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Single take?
Never used before.
Can't judge anything by your pic as such. But love the cat. I absolutely love cats. ������
Will be trying timorrow.

Screen edge... I thought I had it turned on for messages... I think I have. I'll give it a go.

Good lock - I think I have installed.
What else does it do?
I think I've got it replacing the dual app opening (Samsung implementation is absolutely rubbish).

One thing I DESPERATELY miss is app lock built in.
My previous phone was a Xiaomi. Best phone ever. Wasn't even top of the range. I think it was the 9T.
Everything about it (apart from camera) is better than the Samsung Galaxy IMHO.

The ONLY reason I have the Galaxy is because I have my banking apps on my phone.
I didn't want to risk being exposed to Chinese spyware (though the phone was completely clean of any bloatware - but then, this was a 'Global ROM').

I highly recommend you try Single Take! It truly takes your photography to the next level. Thank you so much for the compliment about my cat! She is usually the subject I'm capturing, and admittedly, Single Take does a better job with her fur than the regular camera does.

With regards to Good Lock, it customizes everything from your lockscreen, to your AOD time widget, to your homescreen setup. Best of all, you can create your own themes and can match your icon pack folders and other colours to your wallpapers. I've created many themes with Good Lock. It's an essential app for me.

Edge lighting is definitely a cherished feature for me. Hope you enjoy it!

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Roosterman

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in Single Take. I also feel like a dolt since I can't find it. Is it in Galaxy Apps or Play Store? I've searched both but don't readily find it.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm interested in Single Take. I also feel like a dolt since I can't find it. Is it in Galaxy Apps or Play Store? I've searched both but don't readily find it.
It is a mode in the camera app. Click on more and it will be in the list there. If you press and hold on the icon you can move it to the carousel at the bottom

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Let us know when you find it! It is a very useful camera feature that I'm glad we inherited from the S20 line.