Enabling Call & Text on Other Devices for Verizon phones?

jackbigs

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to enable the Call and Text on Other Devies feature for Verizon phones? I have the Galaxy S10 and it seems like Verizon decided to block this feature (so annoying). I am looking for a workaround and am willing to try anything (flashing, rooting, etc). I have the Galaxy Tab s7+ (wifi) and use it for work from home and absolutely hate being tethered to my cell phone.

Thank you!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I was calling and texting from my PC and tablet in 2015 thanks to Verizons default messaging app. They remove Samsungs solution from their phones because they view it as a duplicate feature they already offer.

I think if you flash the software from another carrier variant or unlocked phone it should function but I'm not an expert on flashing.

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
I was calling and texting from my PC and tablet in 2015 thanks to Verizons default messaging app. They remove Samsungs solution from their phones because they view it as a duplicate feature they already offer.

I think if you flash the software from another carrier variant or unlocked phone it should function but I'm not an expert on flashing.
That might work. My Note 9 was a VZW branded and I never flashed the unlocked firmware. Mustang might know if it will work.

jackbigs

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
Hey guys , need help with flashing?

The legend himself. Hi Mustang, thank you for offering your expertise.

I have the Galaxy S10 on Verizon in the United States. Verizon has chosen to disable several features, specifically the Samsung Call and Text on Other Devices.

I have the Galaxy Tablet S7+ (Wifi), purchased off Amazon. I got it because I work from home and can use the tablet as my primary device. I wouldn't really need to be tethered to my phone.

I need to be able to take calls off my tablet, that's why I want to hack my S10 to get the feature enabled. The S10 still needs the same phone number and service from Verizon. I tried Google Messages and it's okay for text, but that's it. Verizon Messaging + is horrible. Also, I have Galaxy Buds and the Galaxy Watch Active 2. I want the native Samsung feature.

I did my due diligence and tried a few things. For example, I found one forum that suggested installing a certain APK version of the feature, and that they got it to work. This actually worked to some degree, it added the setting to my Advanced Settings page (wasn't there before). However, after enabling and hitting agree, it closes out and says "Could Not Connect to Server. Try again.".

Other research I have done suggests that flashing maybe able to solve my problem. I'm pretty tech savvy, but I feel like this is a problem better coming to the experts to now - instead of ******* up and bricking my phone.

I haven't been able to find any solutions or guides that I am confident would solve my problem. I've been lobbying the Verizon community forum with forum posts to enable the feature; but I really just need a workaround.

Bringing me here. I tried to make a few posts to grab the attention of an expert (yourself) in hopes you might be able to help me solve this problem.

Now that I have provided way too much context, if anyone here can think of a better solution; possibly changing the URL in the APK to the correct one to have it connec to the server? Idk, but please feel free to chime in.

Tl;dr - verizon ****s over there customers by disabling native Samsung features. I have the entire Samsung eco system and want to enable the "Call and Text on Other Devices" feature that Verizon has disabled. Can flashing help me get this feature back?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok , so let's get started!!

Xda forums download, prince comsey Odin patch, frija tools for get the firmware . This is for going to unlocked firmware and can go back anytime to Verizon if you want . Back up everything as this will factory rest and don't forget to put in the frija tool the model which is unlocked model and region XAA

The steps :

This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.

jackbigs

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
Ok , so let's get started!!

Xda forums download, prince comsey Odin patch, frija tools for get the firmware . This is for going to unlocked firmware and can go back anytime to Verizon if you want . Back up everything as this will factory rest and don't forget to put in the frija tool the model which is unlocked model and region XAA

The steps :

This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.

Questions:

•Can I use my cell service while on the new firmware?

•If I can use my cell service while on the new firmware, why would I ever want to switch back to the old one?

•To be clear, is this correct: Carrier -> Unlocked = Use regular CSC. Unlocked -> Carrier = Use home CSC.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Questions:

•Can I use my cell service while on the new firmware?

•If I can use my cell service while on the new firmware, why would I ever want to switch back to the old one?

•To be clear, is this correct: Carrier -> Unlocked = Use regular CSC. Unlocked -> Carrier = Use home CSC.
Yes you can use your services on the new firmware,just left as option you can go back.

Carriers >Carriers firmware can use home csc(no factory reset)
Unlocked>Unlocked firmware can use home csc (no factory reset)

Going carrier to unlock or unlock to carrier (will factory reset all the time .)

jackbigs

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
No, my phone is not 5G.

My phone's model is the SM-G973U. I tried putting that model and the region XAA into Frija and Samfirm and was not able to find any firmware?

jackbigs

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
Let it do it things unless it stops

So I did everything that you said and when I hit start, this is what happens:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1401)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> Total Binary size: 8261 M
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> FAIL! SHA256 is invalid
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2