Mark a Text As Unread - Am I losing My Mind???

sharlan881

Jan 27, 2021
Visit site
I am either the most enlightened android user ever, or the dumbest. The most obvious feature not on my Samsung s10 phone is the ability to mark a message as unread after I have read it. All day long I get texts that I need to reply to later. Spoiler alert: I forget and important things are falling through the cracks. My rinky-dink solution at this point is to forward the message to myself and hope I don't accidentally open it again. Not only am I shocked this doesn't exist, I am mystified that there is so little information/complaints about this when Google searching for a solution. That tells me it does exist, but, I can't find the answer. I use both Textra and the native messaging app, but neither has an obvious answer. I feel like Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Sane or insane? Why doesn't this exist and/or why is no one else complaining about it???? It's so simple.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the S10 forum since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am either the most enlightened android user ever, or the dumbest. The most obvious feature not on my Samsung s10 phone is the ability to mark a message as unread after I have read it. All day long I get texts that I need to reply to later. Spoiler alert: I forget and important things are falling through the cracks. My rinky-dink solution at this point is to forward the message to myself and hope I don't accidentally open it again. Not only am I shocked this doesn't exist, I am mystified that there is so little information/complaints about this when Google searching for a solution. That tells me it does exist, but, I can't find the answer. I use both Textra and the native messaging app, but neither has an obvious answer. I feel like Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Sane or insane? Why doesn't this exist and/or why is no one else complaining about it???? It's so simple.....
It is a good point. I send texts my husband needs to keep for later as a scheduled text, or from a different phone so that he doesn't open them till he needs to, e.g. shopping lists. Being able to mark texts unread would be a really useful function.

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It's funny too read this post now. I've had this phone for almost 2 years. 5 mins ago I got a text (google messages) and went to mark it as unread because I wanted to respond to it later and was shocked I couldn't do it. I could have sworn I was able to do that. Apparently not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o