Connecting Samsung S10 to a router's USB DLNA server

Tarkus666

Feb 20, 2021
Visit site
My router is USB connected to a hard drive external docking station where there are various media files available. My PC and all the Smart TVs on the network can access this drive except for my Samsung S10. I cannot seem to find any setting or process that even discovers the drive. There is a lot of chatter about casting FROM the S10 to TVs etc. but nothing I can find about the S10 accessing media from a media server.

Maybe this is not possible and that is fine but I am one of those people who doesn't like that a feature that is available but not working on my phone. Any assistance would be most appreciated. :D

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the My Files app with the Network Storage add-on? I just tried accessing my NAS through that app and it showed up, your DLNA storage should be similar.

Additionally - media players with file browsers should discover the network storage. How are you currently trying to access the storage that is not working?

Tarkus666

Feb 20, 2021
Visit site
I went to Network Storage and it found the router name but it says it cannot connect make sure address and other info is correct. The address is the router and I have tried using the router's login credentials and also tried to log in anonymous but got the same message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance