Why doesn't my s10+ show the same hotmail emails as my desktop?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In hotmail, my s10+ only shows email that has been unread. If I read emails on my desktop, then they won't show on my phone. This is a problem. Say I book a hotel reservation. As soon as I confirm the email on my desktop it drops from my phone, thereby preventing me from accessing the info on the road. Is the only way to solve this to mark all my messages as unread?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

flower_field2

Sep 2, 2021
Visit site
what application are you using?

What model, carrier and software build do you have?
Software build: (settings > about phone > software information - last 4 digits of SW build number)

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In hotmail, my s10+ only shows email that has been unread. If I read emails on my desktop, then they won't show on my phone. This is a problem. Say I book a hotel reservation. As soon as I confirm the email on my desktop it drops from my phone, thereby preventing me from accessing the info on the road. Is the only way to solve this to mark all my messages as unread?
You using the stand-alone app or through Samsung email app? Hopefully not through gmail app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wait, what's wrong with linking it with the Gmail app? I've been doing so forever and do not have problem noted by OP.
OP has to see if its set imap or pop3 if done that way , stand alone and through Samsung email never had to worry about that

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
OP has to see if its set imap or pop3 if done that way , stand alone and through Samsung email never had to worry about that

Ah, okay. I was thinking something worse. Ya, I have it as imap. Just didn't want to use multiple email apps when the one Gmail works.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ah, okay. I was thinking something worse. Ya, I have it as imap. Just didn't want to use multiple email apps when the one Gmail works.
Oh , didn't mean something was wrong using from gmail app ,Guess i cut the words short at the end when i was asking through gmail app.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Oh , didn't mean something was wrong using from gmail app ,Guess i cut the words short at the end when i was asking through gmail app.

No worries. I consider you're one of the knowledgeable ones, so if you had found something wrong with using Gmail with other email hosts I would have been all ears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463