In hotmail, my s10+ only shows email that has been unread. If I read emails on my desktop, then they won't show on my phone. This is a problem. Say I book a hotel reservation. As soon as I confirm the email on my desktop it drops from my phone, thereby preventing me from accessing the info on the road. Is the only way to solve this to mark all my messages as unread?
    09-01-2021 11:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which email app are you using? Are you using the IMAP server or POP3 server? IMAP is always the better option. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-9c414e2aa040. (Hotmail uses the same settings as Outlook.)

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2021 12:27 PM
    I would use the outlook app for your Hotmail email.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-01-2021 02:23 PM
    what application are you using?

What model, carrier and software build do you have?
    Software build: (settings > about phone > software information - last 4 digits of SW build number)

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report
    09-02-2021 04:51 PM
    In hotmail, my s10+ only shows email that has been unread. If I read emails on my desktop, then they won't show on my phone. This is a problem. Say I book a hotel reservation. As soon as I confirm the email on my desktop it drops from my phone, thereby preventing me from accessing the info on the road. Is the only way to solve this to mark all my messages as unread?
    You using the stand-alone app or through Samsung email app? Hopefully not through gmail app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-02-2021 07:51 PM
    You using the stand-alone app or through Samsung email app? Hopefully not through gmail app.
    Wait, what's wrong with linking it with the Gmail app? I've been doing so forever and do not have problem noted by OP.
    09-02-2021 09:08 PM
    Wait, what's wrong with linking it with the Gmail app? I've been doing so forever and do not have problem noted by OP.
    OP has to see if its set imap or pop3 if done that way , stand alone and through Samsung email never had to worry about that
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-02-2021 09:25 PM
    OP has to see if its set imap or pop3 if done that way , stand alone and through Samsung email never had to worry about that
    Ah, okay. I was thinking something worse. Ya, I have it as imap. Just didn't want to use multiple email apps when the one Gmail works.
    Laura Knotek and mustang7757 like this.
    09-02-2021 10:04 PM
    Ah, okay. I was thinking something worse. Ya, I have it as imap. Just didn't want to use multiple email apps when the one Gmail works.
    Oh , didn't mean something was wrong using from gmail app ,Guess i cut the words short at the end when i was asking through gmail app.
    werkx and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-02-2021 11:47 PM
    Oh , didn't mean something was wrong using from gmail app ,Guess i cut the words short at the end when i was asking through gmail app.
    No worries. I consider you're one of the knowledgeable ones, so if you had found something wrong with using Gmail with other email hosts I would have been all ears.
    09-03-2021 10:37 AM
    No worries. I consider you're one of the knowledgeable ones, so if you had found something wrong with using Gmail with other email hosts I would have been all ears.
    Thank you
    09-03-2021 01:03 PM