I've had success using USB audio player pro and a dragonfly red to stream Tidal/Spotify with my S9 for some time, but my new S10 isn't recognizing the device.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    09-02-2021 12:36 PM
    What is or isn’t happening when you attempt to stream on your S10?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-02-2021 01:59 PM
    My DAC is not turning on and lighting up

I've tried:
    enabling USB audio routing.
    Reboot with DAC/OTG connected.
    Auto USB routing.
    Enable USB debugging.

Ready to give up on this thing and get another phone..

09-02-2021 07:47 PM
    Have you checked compatibility as mentioned here? https://www.audioquest.com/dacs/dragonfly/faqs
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-02-2021 08:02 PM
    According to audio quest it is compatible and others have done so online. I just can't figure out how to get the phone to recognize the device. Samsung Customer service tried a few things then to me to bring it to one of thier service centers..
    09-02-2021 09:20 PM
    According to audio quest it is compatible and others have done so online. I just can't figure out how to get the phone to recognize the device. Samsung Customer service tried a few things then to me to bring it to one of thier service centers..
    Good luck if you take it to a service centre. Please keep us posted on the status.
    09-02-2021 11:32 PM
    My DAC is not turning on and lighting up

I've tried:
    enabling USB audio routing.
    Reboot with DAC/OTG connected.
    Auto USB routing.
    Enable USB debugging.

Ready to give up on this thing and get another phone..

Can you try your audio dac in another phone ?
    09-02-2021 11:55 PM
    Can you try your audio dac in another phone ?
    Yes, the same DAC/OTG combo works on my S9 with no problems.
    09-03-2021 03:41 AM
    Yes, the same DAC/OTG combo works on my S9 with no problems.
    Ahh thought you didn't have that device any longer , try safe mode then
    09-03-2021 04:37 PM
    I have the red, and an android s10, and I've been using it daily for over a year with no problems. I did have problems though setting up the red on my pc, trying to update it to be able to pay on my Android when i first tried it. It wasn't working and i had to fanagle with the driver on the red, and the usb peripherals on my pc. Eventually i managed to get it working after a day or two. I hope you've managed by now to fix it
    12-01-2021 01:36 AM
    I have the red, and an android s10, and I've been using it daily for over a year with no problems. I did have problems though setting up the red on my pc, trying to update it to be able to pay on my Android when i first tried it. It wasn't working and i had to fanagle with the driver on the red, and the usb peripherals on my pc. Eventually i managed to get it working after a day or two. I hope you've managed by now to fix it
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    What do you mean red?
    12-01-2021 09:40 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    What do you mean red?

thanks! whenever I say red, Im just referring to the dragon fly red. Im not super sure either but i think i have the 1.0v. I personally have a soft spot for it because you just plug it in and thats what you get! no fiddling with anything to make sure you have optimal performance. Although I usually like to play with EQs, sometimes when youre on the go theres really no time for such entertainment, so here the convenience is such a selling point dont you think?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-01-2021 10:35 AM
    thanks! whenever I say red, Im just referring to the dragon fly red. Im not super sure either but i think i have the 1.0v. I personally have a soft spot for it because you just plug it in and thats what you get! no fiddling with anything to make sure you have optimal performance. Although I usually like to play with EQs, sometimes when youre on the go theres really no time for such entertainment, so here the convenience is such a selling point dont you think?
    Ahh ok gotcha
    12-01-2021 10:47 AM