I had been taking photos and sent them to my email before I turned off the screen and left the phone for a couple hours. When I went to use it again, it was completely unresponsive. I've watched videos that say press power and volume down, plug it into the computer and do the same, etc. and I still have an unresponsive phone. It's not been dropped (was in an otterbox) and before I scream and try to find someone to repair it, I'm wondering if I might receive some help here. I really am not in the mood to put out big $$ for a new Samsung. Thanks for any advice.
    11-30-2021 12:05 AM
    In case it's frozen on a black screen, first press and hold Power and Vol Down for 30 seconds (time it -- it's longer than you think!). Then wait a few seconds, and then press and hold Power alone for another 30 seconds. Anything happen?
    11-30-2021 01:46 AM
    No, I've done that. I've done power only button, power and volume down, P and Vol up. And for over 30 sec. It's charged with a OEM cord that hasn't been used; also with another OEM power cord. I think it's a brick and I'm really not sure what to do next. I've watched a lot of YouTube Vids and one said take out the SD card. Any thoughts on that? Could this be a completely dead battery or firmware crash? Any recommendations for a new moderately priced phone?

I'm at my wit's end. Thanks for your reply.
    11-30-2021 08:17 AM
    If it can't even boot into Recovery, I'd guess it's a hardware failure (battery vs motherboard). Unfortunately, there's probably nothing you can do short of bringing it to a repair shop, and I doubt they could salvage it either. Hopefully all of your important data was backed up or synced somewhere!

I always recommend Pixel phones (for moderate pricing, consider the Pixel 5a, or perhaps the Pixel 6 if you want to push your budget up slightly). But if you want to stick with Samsung, the A line is a good value (like the A52 5G).
    gloamin and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-30-2021 11:48 AM
    See if you can get into download mode and computer recognize it , if it does flash the firmware with Odin.
    gloamin and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-30-2021 11:54 AM
    Hi B.Diddy, thanks, but I took it to an official Samsung repair shop and the mobo is gone. I have an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

ETA: Mustang, I tried the computer and zero. It didn't even recognize it.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-30-2021 06:13 PM
    Ah well, RIP. On the plus side, time for a shiny new phone!
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    11-30-2021 07:22 PM
    But my old one looks like it just came out of the box!! Yes and I hope to have it in my hands very soon!! Happy Holidays!!
    B. Diddy and J Dubbs like this.
    11-30-2021 07:54 PM
    Hi B.Diddy, thanks, but I took it to an official Samsung repair shop and the mobo is gone. I have an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

ETA: Mustang, I tried the computer and zero. It didn't even recognize it.
    unfortunately either move on or get it repaired
    11-30-2021 08:58 PM
    This might be reaching, but the USB port might be defective so it's not getting power. Have you tried wireless charging?
    gloamin likes this.
    12-01-2021 10:29 AM
    No, but the techs at the Samsung repair said it was the motherboard. I'll go out to the car and try. Oh lordy, wouldn't that be something?
    12-01-2021 11:02 AM
    This might be reaching, but the USB port might be defective so it's not getting power. Have you tried wireless charging?
    Rode around for an hour and the wireless charger was charging but when I tried to turn on the phone or even do a forced reboot...nothing. My phone is a perfect paperweight. We can end this thread right now. Thanks for everyone's help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-01-2021 01:31 PM
    Rode around for an hour and the wireless charger was charging but when I tried to turn on the phone or even do a forced reboot...nothing. My phone is a perfect paperweight. We can end this thread right now. Thanks for everyone's help.
    Just a couple weeks ago, I traded into Sammy an S10+ in pristine condition for the Note 20 Ultra. Maybe check with them on trading in your S10 on something new..er. Could save you a ton
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-01-2021 03:47 PM
    I went to Swappa and got an open box never used S10 since I loved mine so much. 1 yr warranty and if it dies, I'll have saved for a newer Samsung. I tried Samsung dot com and they wouldn't give me a dime for one that wouldn't turn on. I only paid $300 for the new S10. I'm not thrilled but hey, when the new ones are up to $1400, this will do just fine for now. Thanks for your response.
    B. Diddy, Laura Knotek and 11B1P like this.
    12-01-2021 04:20 PM
    Aw man, that sux.
    gloamin likes this.
    12-01-2021 06:13 PM