BSOD Galaxy S10

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I had been taking photos and sent them to my email before I turned off the screen and left the phone for a couple hours. When I went to use it again, it was completely unresponsive. I've watched videos that say press power and volume down, plug it into the computer and do the same, etc. and I still have an unresponsive phone. It's not been dropped (was in an otterbox) and before I scream and try to find someone to repair it, I'm wondering if I might receive some help here. I really am not in the mood to put out big $$ for a new Samsung. Thanks for any advice. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In case it's frozen on a black screen, first press and hold Power and Vol Down for 30 seconds (time it -- it's longer than you think!). Then wait a few seconds, and then press and hold Power alone for another 30 seconds. Anything happen?

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No, I've done that. I've done power only button, power and volume down, P and Vol up. And for over 30 sec. It's charged with a OEM cord that hasn't been used; also with another OEM power cord. I think it's a brick and I'm really not sure what to do next. I've watched a lot of YouTube Vids and one said take out the SD card. Any thoughts on that? Could this be a completely dead battery or firmware crash? Any recommendations for a new moderately priced phone? :p

I'm at my wit's end. Thanks for your reply.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If it can't even boot into Recovery, I'd guess it's a hardware failure (battery vs motherboard). Unfortunately, there's probably nothing you can do short of bringing it to a repair shop, and I doubt they could salvage it either.:-\ Hopefully all of your important data was backed up or synced somewhere!

I always recommend Pixel phones (for moderate pricing, consider the Pixel 5a, or perhaps the Pixel 6 if you want to push your budget up slightly). But if you want to stick with Samsung, the A line is a good value (like the A52 5G).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
See if you can get into download mode and computer recognize it , if it does flash the firmware with Odin.

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy, thanks, but I took it to an official Samsung repair shop and the mobo is gone. I have an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

ETA: Mustang, I tried the computer and zero. It didn't even recognize it.

Last edited:

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
But my old one looks like it just came out of the box!!:D Yes and I hope to have it in my hands very soon!! Happy Holidays!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy, thanks, but I took it to an official Samsung repair shop and the mobo is gone. I have an expensive paperweight.

Thanks for all your help, everyone.

ETA: Mustang, I tried the computer and zero. It didn't even recognize it.
unfortunately either move on or get it repaired

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
This might be reaching, but the USB port might be defective so it's not getting power. Have you tried wireless charging?

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
No, but the techs at the Samsung repair said it was the motherboard. I'll go out to the car and try. Oh lordy, wouldn't that be something? ;)

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
This might be reaching, but the USB port might be defective so it's not getting power. Have you tried wireless charging?

Rode around for an hour and the wireless charger was charging but when I tried to turn on the phone or even do a forced reboot...nothing. My phone is a perfect paperweight. We can end this thread right now. :) Thanks for everyone's help. :)

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Rode around for an hour and the wireless charger was charging but when I tried to turn on the phone or even do a forced reboot...nothing. My phone is a perfect paperweight. We can end this thread right now. :) Thanks for everyone's help. :)

Just a couple weeks ago, I traded into Sammy an S10+ in pristine condition for the Note 20 Ultra. Maybe check with them on trading in your S10 on something new..er. Could save you a ton

gloamin

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I went to Swappa and got an open box never used S10 since I loved mine so much. 1 yr warranty and if it dies, I'll have saved for a newer Samsung. I tried Samsung dot com and they wouldn't give me a dime for one that wouldn't turn on. I only paid $300 for the new S10. I'm not thrilled but hey, when the new ones are up to $1400, this will do just fine for now. Thanks for your response. :)

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Aw man, that sux.