Galaxy S10 - Annoying gray info bar

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Occasionally, I will get this annoying dark gray notification bar announcing that some app has closed, or Wi-Fi has disconnected, or some other odd notification. It appears near the bottom of the screen in vertical orientation, and it just sits there for 30 to 40 seconds, blocking what I am trying to see, or some other button or place I have to press. How do I rid myself of this annoying scourge? Is that even possible?

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Try going into your settings then apps. Find Bixby and block notifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Could you post a screenshot? It sounds like a Toast Notification and you can try changing the value in the Accessibility Settings - Time to take action.

May 7, 2019
Visit site
And it isn't this "Bixby" thing. I knew I should never have mentioned it, as its a distraction and has nothing to do with every other possible notification.

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I have no idea how to take a screen shot or how to post one.

I also have no idea how to find "Accessibility Settings" either. Could you please explain, slowly, and in detail, as if you were talking to a five year old?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Use the app in good lock called Nice catch and see if you can identify what app is causing these toast notifications. You find the good lock app in the galaxy store.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea how to take a screen shot or how to post one.

I also have no idea how to find "Accessibility Settings" either. Could you please explain, slowly, and in detail, as if you were talking to a five year old?

Swipe down from the top of your phone screen and look for the icon that looks like a gear -- tap it to bring up the system settings. Now go to the Accessibility section and look for the Time To Take Action option. Here's the Google help page for that: https://support.google.com/accessib... action (Accessibility,1 minute, or 2 minutes.

May 7, 2019
Visit site
Cool, thanks! How come there's no manual or anything like this that explains things in understandable detail?

Then again, I guess that's what this forum is for!

It partially solved the problem, although the options weren't all that great, and now the grey bar is only there for 10 seconds instead of 30-40. Great!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cool, thanks! How come there's no manual or anything like this that explains things in understandable detail?

Then again, I guess that's what this forum is for!

It partially solved the problem, although the options weren't all that great, and now the grey bar is only there for 10 seconds instead of 30-40. Great!!
Phone manual is in settings>user manual

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam