How to show only contacts with numbers?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My contact list is a mess with so many emails contacts imported from google. I want to see on my Galaxy S10 only contacts that I added with number! Is it possible?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's showing the contacts email instead of phone number?

I believe OP is saying that they have a lot of contacts that only have an email address and no phone number, which clutters up the list. They want to be able to filter so that only contacts with a phone number are displayed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I believe OP is saying that they have a lot of contacts that only have an email address and no phone number, which clutters up the list. They want to be able to filter so that only contacts with a phone number are displayed.
Hmm probably have to check setting of Samsung contact app and turn off any email sync or make custom

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm probably have to check setting of Samsung contact app and turn off any email sync or make custom

Yeah, I looked on my A32 5G's Samsung Contacts app, and couldn't find an option to hide contacts that don't have a phone number. I thought it might have been present in the past, but I might be thinking of some other device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I looked on my A32 5G's Samsung Contacts app, and couldn't find an option to hide contacts that don't have a phone number. I thought it might have been present in the past, but I might be thinking of some other device.
If it was present in past I can't remember, but see in my screenshot you can make a custom list and just merge numbers there and use it Screenshot_20221109_004200_Contacts.jpg

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
A few years ago Samsung contact settings had something to show only items with phone numbers, but that seems to have disappeared.

Ramki

Apr 12, 2024
Visit site
My contact list is a mess with so many emails contacts imported from google. I want to see on my Galaxy S10 only contacts that I added with number! Is it possible?
I am not sure about Samsung. I had the same problem in Google Pixel Pro 8, only way to get rid is , login to your gmail on laptop / desktop / tablet (easier to operate), go to contacts on the left menu, it shows a lot of duplicates to be merged. You can merge it, or delete it. I am assuming email only contacts is less than 100 or so.,..if not this solution is difficult

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
On S23 if you go to phone>settings>other call settings you will find a slider for hide contacts without numbers. This is on the latest version of Android. YMMV. Good luck.

Reactions: winmod21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox