02-20-2019 11:31 AM
69 123
tools
    No reason... has a hole in the screen.
    I'd rather it have a notch than a hole
    01-27-2019 02:34 PM
    New devices are always on the horizon. As someone who would be upgrading from a Nexus 6P that is showing its age at an accelerated pace, I've been tempted by "Techtober"; especially with the fact that I've realized that stock Android is rather boring.

As soon as I heard that the Note 9 was coming with a 4000 mAh battery, I thought my decision was made. But now with big changes supposedly coming to the 10th anniversary phones, I'm wondering if I should wait even more. I've never owned a Note, so it would be convenient to use the S-Pen when I need to, but the rumors surrounding the S-line phones have me excited.

Sure, having a bezel-less phone would be cool in terms of content consumption, but what has me excited is the possibility of the display being shatterproof, much like Motorola phones of a few years ago. I'm also hearing that the S10+ will also have a 4000 mAh battery, and coupled with the 7nm SD 855, battery life and efficiency *should* be fantastic.

I don't have the funds to upgrade every year, so whatever I get, I'm sticking with for the next three years, at least. 5G won't be widespread for a while, and anyway, I'm hearing that the 5G variant of the S10+ will be a Verizon exclusive (of course ๐Ÿ™„). I want to be as future proof as possible. Which phone would be a better buy for me next year, once the prices drop?
    Samsung phones will never be battery efficient unless they make Pixels again. Samsung adds so much "stuff"
    01-27-2019 02:53 PM
    I'd rather it have a notch than a hole
    This is literally the smartphone equivalent of "I know you are but what am I". ๐Ÿ˜‚
    01-27-2019 04:15 PM
    Samsung phones will never be battery efficient unless they make Pixels again. Samsung adds so much "stuff"
    Even with so much stuff it has the best battery of all my phone's by a mile , only other phone is probably the Huawei mate pro
    peterg21 likes this.
    01-27-2019 06:22 PM
    Thinner bezel seems a disadvantage for usability.
    So you want a phone with bezel like XR?
    01-28-2019 04:56 PM
    So you want a phone with bezel like XR?
    Actually, let's bring back big ole Pixel 2/iPhone 8 bezels and make everyone happy! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    01-28-2019 06:12 PM
    They are, in recent articles which I can't find but did read, bixby beat down siri google assist and alexa in a show down. Also in that article they stated that samsung will be spending 22 billion on bixby over the next 2 years.

Found it.

https://www.afr.com/technology/did-s...0181107-h17n1y
    Does not change the fact that nobody wants Bixby. Same as LG with their ThinQ nonsense, just leave it guys!

Re the OP. I am actually weighing up selling on my Note 9 512 before the S10 hype really hits. I really like the Note 9 but with Samsung skipping the notch it sometimes feels like it is the final of the last (with bezels) generation whereas the S10 looks to be one of the first of a new no bezel/no notch line. I have never really used the sPen that much and the sPen does sometimes rattle when you tap on that side of the screen which given I am slightly fussy about such things does bother me!

If you can I'd suggest waiting for the S10 and making your decision then. I'd also expect the S9 price to drop like a stone pretty soon so that could be the bargain buy!
    01-31-2019 03:04 AM
    A Phone is Like a toolbox.
    The more tools you have, they more options you have.
    You don't have to use all the options everyday.
    Its the one time that you may need it.

I don't want another Samsung Phone.
    As you know I don't like Bixby.
    I will not be buying me a Samsung phone.
    So unless my OL wants a new Samsung Note.
    She has learned Samsung phones.

She uses the stylist when she needs to take notes and she don't carry a Pen and paper with her.
    The stylist is a Bluetooth and you can use it to take pictures.
    Another thing you didn't use your phone for.

YOu don't need a reason to buy the S10 when it comes out.
    All you need it Cash.
    Put yer name on the paper.

Nobody knows everything about a phone that hasn't even been released yet.

They don't make a perfect phone that I can find.
    And a lot of phones, they don't even offer what other phones offers.

Sure between now and June there are gonna be a lot of offers from Phone compaines.
    I was gonna look at a Huawei phone.
    Got a lot of people that said they are nice .
    And has a great camera.
    Know the U.S. government don't want a lot of people to sell them.
    But there is people that has them and likes them.
    Said they don't cost as much as Samsung.

And I like having a Phone that is Unlocked.
    01-31-2019 08:56 AM
    This is literally the smartphone equivalent of "I know you are but what am I". ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Actually it's just my opinion....lol
    01-31-2019 09:17 AM
    01-31-2019 09:18 AM
    For ME selling my Note 9 and buying an S10 Plus would be crossing into the GREY REALM ( i.e not yet fully in the DARK SIDE). For me, the S10 gives a great idea of about 70% of what to expect with the Note 10. That 30% difference for me is its physical footprint, battery size, camera and most importantly the S pen.
    02-01-2019 04:42 AM
    For ME selling my Note 9 and buying an S10 Plus would be crossing into the GREY REALM ( i.e not yet fully in the DARK SIDE). For me, the S10 gives a great idea of about 70% of what to expect with the Note 10. That 30% difference for me is its physical footprint, battery size, camera and most importantly the S pen.
    Will u update?
    02-02-2019 11:30 PM
    The only reason I hesitate between getting the S10+ over the Note 9 is because I feel like the S-series phones are beta test devices for a given year's Note series, which have all the features of the S-line, plus more. The in-display fps, IMHO, is sure to offset any potential gain in having a 100 mAh larger battery (4100 vs. 4000). But everyone's gushing about how fast and efficient the SD 855 is. Will it be that big a difference from the SD 845 in everyday use to justify spending upwards of $1300, when all is said and done? I don't know...
    peterg21 likes this.
    02-04-2019 08:44 AM
    If you can I'd suggest waiting for the S10 and making your decision then. I'd also expect the S9 price to drop like a stone pretty soon so that could be the bargain buy!
    This.
    I am waiting for the S9 prices to drop so I can upgrade my S6.
    02-04-2019 11:04 AM
    I always prefer Galaxy series over the Note series.
    Reason: I need a love which should have good design and standard performance from an standart brand like 'SAMSUNG'.
    02-04-2019 11:31 PM
    As per design we can expect what we have seen in leaks about s10. hole punch camera, dual camera for selfie in s10 plus and three rear camera for s10 and s10 plus. Inscreen fingerprint sensor.
    02-06-2019 03:13 AM
    Duplicate post
    02-06-2019 02:14 PM
    I'm looking at going from the Note 8 to an S10+. As much as I enjoy having a stylus I'm itching to pull the trigger. I'll just wait to see what kind of incentive my carrier has for trade-ins. I also might just wait until the Note 10.

Either way, excited for this new design!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-19-2019 10:18 PM
    My husband is trading in his Note 8 and me my 9 plus. We aren't into the note series and my husband doesn't really use his pen. I am excited to get the S10 plus.
    02-20-2019 11:31 AM
69 123