Reasons to pick up a S10+ over a Note 9?

Velenoso

Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
Can you link the article where Bixby beat down Siri, Google assistant, and Alexa in a show down? The article you linked just talks about what Samsung is working on.

The heading implies it "Did Samsung's Bixby just beat out Siri, Alexa and Google" You can either accept it or not I don't really care.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The heading implies it "Did Samsung's Bixby just beat out Siri, Alexa and Google" You can either accept it or not I don't really care.
Nothing to accept. The heading asked a question (in case you aren't aware, publications often try to get attention with a tantalizing heading). Anyway, if you read the actual article you will find no "show down" and no "beat down". Just go ahead and read it. At least it is clear what forms the basis of your whole argument. Thanks.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Honestly we cant compare devices unless the device is here... right now the s10 is just rumored features... if you can hold out and wait... awesome. if not pick up a note. it's a great phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Say the S10 comes out on 5G
And 5 G will only work in major cities.
What happens when you leave the major city it's to my understanding. That a 5 G phone will not work on 5g networks and 4G networks.
What now.
You need 2 phones.
And you will need a 5 G wireless router to be able to use Wifi calling .

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Say the S10 comes out on 5G
And 5 G will only work in major cities.
What happens when you leave the major city it's to my understanding. That a 5 G phone will not work on 5g networks and 4G networks.
What now.
You need 2 phones.
And you will need a 5 G wireless router to be able to use Wifi calling .

Not true. See this article. (Don't let Verizon and AT&T's bad 5G demos temper your excitement for 5G in the real world https://www.androidcentral.com/dont-let-verizon-att-bad-5g-demos-temper-excitement) It'll fall back to 4G, just like current phones will fall back to 3G if needed.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
A few things

1) the fingerprint sensor in display works with some screen protectors on the Oneplus 6t which is using optics

2) The tech used on the S series is going to be different and is inline with what Qualcomm Just showed off with the snapdragon 855. This can be used with a screen protector even will work if the screen is a little dirty. Google it

3) Samsung and other Manufactures will offer both 5G and 4G device options. The 5G option will be considerably more money.

4) 5G is only going to be available so far in 2019 with Verizon and ATT in limited markets.

5) Its a little bit of a mess on standards for 5G because Verizon is using one technology to deliver 5G and a company like Tmobile will be using another.

6) I hope carriers offer the option for 4G devices for the next few years because I don't want to pay more $$ for something I may not be able to use.

7) In closing, from the Qualcomm event 5g, is going to take several years to have a meaningful deployment outside major cities.

8) Oh Yeah, you'll be paying more too for the service :)

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd say wait for the S10 to be revealed then make a decision if it's worth the extra $$ over the Note 9. Plus, the note 9 should be cheaper by then anyway, so it works out better for you.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I might get the S10 when it's comes out. Don't get me wrong the note 9 is a great phone but I'm ready for a smaller phone for a change.

SuperLeakTX

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
I might get the S10 when it's comes out. Don't get me wrong the note 9 is a great phone but I'm ready for a smaller phone for a change.

Recently I got a iPhone 6s, also a note 9. I used to have iPhone 7 plus, now i found that iPhone 6s is perfect iPhone.
So size does matter.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well if you don't care about the S pen, then there is no reason to pick any note over a Galaxy series phone nowadays.