Galaxy S10 -- Possible Notch?

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, Samsung produces displays for other device brands. I expect that we will see the "new infinity" display on the flagship S10/Note 10 series -- so the display remains notchless. The notched displays are likely for the other device brands, and maybe for Samsung's lower-priced offerings.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt it. Samsung has already mocked Apple and Google for their notches. So I can't see Samsung adopting any form of a notch on their flagships anytime soon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt it. Samsung has already mocked Apple and Google for their notches. So I can't see Samsung adopting any form of a notch on their flagships anytime soon.

Samsung used to mock people with sealed in batteries but now they do it.

I wouldn't use advertising as justification -- Remember advertising is meant to simply sell.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Samsung used to mock people with sealed in batteries but now they do it.

I wouldn't use advertising as justification -- Remember advertising is meant to simply sell.
Yeah I think just because Samsung criticized something in the past, doesn't mean they won't implement it in the future.

I think if Samsung were to include a notch, it'd be quite small and elegant in design.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It's a hole in the upper left. Ugh.....

No more Samsung for me if this is the new design direction. Note 8 and Note 9 with headphone jack are perfect for the most part. Why are they jacking around with this hole? Notches, etc.. are the ugliest, most stupid design I have ever seen in the smartphone industry.

Will make shopping for a new phone easy. "Do you have any phones WITHOUT a hole or notch in the screen?"

"Why yes sir, here is the BlackBerry KeyThree. It's the only smartphone without a notch, and the only one with a PKB too!"

SMH

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm not a fan of notches or holes, but I guess I could deal if it was unobtrusive, or you could hide it and not have a huge black forehead with the info moved down (AHEM, Google). I could deal with a hole, but would prefer it be in the middle as opposed to the left. I don't take selfies, but a front camera hole on the left isn't conducive to that, imo.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't get this whole notch/all-screen CRAP. A little bit bezel is good (like on my Galaxy Tab S3 and CAT S41) and it helps protect the display if u drop your device. Notches are BENEATH Samsung...

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Eventually we may all have to get used it unfortunately. I cant stand notches myself. I still have the note 8 right now and I may end up getting the note 10 when it comes out.

Hopefully samsung doesn't implement a notch. The hole on the left doesn't look too bad, but it's still like a notch. They should just keep the current design they've had. It gives people an option in phone choice to choose a notchless device.

sleepnclass

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
It's a hole in the upper left. Ugh.....

No more Samsung for me if this is the new design direction. Note 8 and Note 9 with headphone jack are perfect for the most part. Why are they jacking around with this hole? Notches, etc.. are the ugliest, most stupid design I have ever seen in the smartphone industry.

Will make shopping for a new phone easy. "Do you have any phones WITHOUT a hole or notch in the screen?"

"Why yes sir, here is the BlackBerry KeyThree. It's the only smartphone without a notch, and the only one with a PKB too!"

SMH

Agreed. I’d rather have bezels like my note 9 and s9+ than a notch or hole cut out. Have they said how that ridiculous hole effects the ui and ux? Curious to see how that works given that it’s smack in the corner of the notification area..

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I like this better than a notch all day long...

s10.jpg

s10-1.jpg

s10-2.jpg

Attachments

• missing-image.png
    missing-image.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I hate it.

Trying to watch video will either have a big, stupid, ugly hole in it... or the video will never expand to full screen keeping the video below the big, stupid, ugly hole... which defeats the purpose of having a large screen.

Games? Seriously? Same thing. Either they won't use the full screen, or they will but there'd be an area you can't use a touch control.

Is a bit of a top bezel really that big a deal? I'd rather have a bit of bezel than this intrusive hole.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante