Why is the buzz so low?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The buzz I've been seeing hasn't really turned me on to moving up to an S10. But, the buzz on pricing has really begun to turn me off. I've been using Samsung since the S2. I've had the s2, s3, s4, s5, Note 5, s6, s7, s8, and now the s9+. But, every day it's becoming more likely that I will be moving over to something else this year. That OnePlus 7 is beginning to look mighty appealing.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Phone fatigue (current devices powerful still). Factor in most current 9, 9+ and N9 owners probably are not fans of the notch or likely price, this could be their lowest selling devices yet. Samsung needs to get out of their development and marketing bubble.

dfwfreaks

Jan 24, 2019
Visit site
Phone fatigue (current devices powerful still). Factor in most current 9, 9+ and N9 owners probably are not fans of the notch or likely price, this could be their lowest selling devices yet. Samsung needs to get out of their development and marketing bubble.

S10 and note 10 gonna bring the new features. S9 and note 9 are boring

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

What about the S7, S8 owners?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if people are considering holding on to devices longer is inadvertently causing them to not look at what's upcoming? I mean.... right after one buys an actual new car, they don't keep car shopping.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if people are considering holding on to devices longer is inadvertently causing them to not look at what's upcoming? I mean.... right after one buys an actual new car, they don't keep car shopping.

This is a really good point! Perhaps they just stop looking because they are really trying to hold out on upgrading to a new and expensive phone until their current one breaks, has issues, etc. I think I actually do this in some ways now - I may go into a phone store or kiosk but I hurry myself through it and don't look too closely at the phones; for fear that I will want to upgrade sooner rather than later!

Today was a prime example: I went into Rogers to buy an extra phone charger for my husband and I; and after my purchase, I zeroed in on the tempting Huawei P20. I kind of ske-daddled after that. 🤣

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a really good point! Perhaps they just stop looking because they are really trying to hold out on upgrading to a new and expensive phone until their current one breaks, has issues, etc. I think I actually do this in some ways now - I may go into a phone store or kiosk but I hurry myself through it and don't look too closely at the phones; for fear that I will want to upgrade sooner rather than later!

Today was a prime example: I went into Rogers to buy an extra phone charger for my husband and I; and after my purchase, I zeroed in on the tempting Huawei P20. I kind of ske-daddled after that. 🤣

I know what you mean and I just got my hands on a demo Huawei mate 20 and its beautiful, I agree it can be tough to not buy into the hype so some people may be staying away for that reason

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean and I just got my hands on a demo Huawei mate 20 and its beautiful, I agree it can be tough to not buy into the hype so some people may be staying away for that reason

Congratulations on your Mate 20 demo! A gorgeous phone for sure. Yeah, the hype and the "new phone smell" can get people looking for a new device real quick!

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your Mate 20 demo! A gorgeous phone for sure. Yeah, the hype and the "new phone smell" can get people looking for a new device real quick!

For sure! I still can't believe I held off off the S9 last year I'm thinking they will pull put all stops for the 10th anniversary lol we'll see if it was worth the wait

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
S8 owners can safely skip S10, its a good upgrade however for S7 users. However i feel the S10 lite is too expensive.

Maybe, but remember most folks won't be playing that expensive price up front. And the S series is never as expensive as the rumors suggest.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For sure! I still can't believe I held off off the S9 last year I'm thinking they will pull put all stops for the 10th anniversary lol we'll see if it was worth the wait

We'll see, for sure! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint! How is EMUI on the Mate 20? I miss it! It was awesome on my Honor 8!

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
We'll see, for sure! Hopefully it doesn't disappoint! How is EMUI on the Mate 20? I miss it! It was awesome on my Honor 8!

I didn't get a chance to play with it for too long at the store but it looked good with the little time I had with it and physically it sits nice in the hand and feels premium made

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2