Screen protectors will stop the fingerprint reader from working: knock-out criterium?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's been confirmed that screen protectors will knock out the fingerprint reader on the S10 / S10+ - just curious: will this keep you from buying it?

The same goes for the Mate 20 Pro - although some protectors work for that one. Those with glue covering the entire screen and the plastic ones. Not sure I'd they will work on the S10 as well though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a side note...it's been confirmed by that one brand. THEIR screen protector. That being said, just like the OP one, you might need a special protector for the in-screen FPS to work.

SuperLeakTX

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
Just a side note...it's been confirmed by that one brand. THEIR screen protector. That being said, just like the OP one, you might need a special protector for the in-screen FPS to work.

ArmadilloTek made great cases. I believe them as Huawei Mate20 Pro has the Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor too.
It just not work.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
ArmadilloTek made great cases. I believe them as Huawei Mate20 Pro has the Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor too.
It just not work.

I'm not saying they're lying, I'm saying this hasn't been confirmed but for this one manufacturer. Others might make one that works, or they need to come from Samsung or maybe thin-film works. All it's confirmed is that armadillo's doesn't.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
The rumor is that the phone will come with one pre-installed. Obviously, they'll probably work with the phones, and Samsung will have another product listed for sale on the website, upwards of $50.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
this will be interesting see what does work with it or if Samsung will have their own preinstalled or to be purchased.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I do too! Dome keeps posting it everywhere! Their screen protectors 'will not interfere with the fingerprint scanner on the S10's.'

That’d be cool - just hoping there’ll be cheaper dome-style protectors like there are for the Mate 20 Pro.

Dome’s had a terrible track record shipping in time

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
That’d be cool - just hoping there’ll be cheaper dome-style protectors like there are for the Mate 20 Pro.

Dome’s had a terrible track record shipping in time
I got mine thru Amazon since I have Prime. Received it in 2 days. Same price as Dome sells it for but with free, 2 day shipping.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've used many indisplay fingerprint scanner with screen protectors. They worked well in that. why samsung galaxy s10 won't work with screen protectors.

So far only that one company has come out and said theirs isn't compatible. Dome has confirmed theirs DOES work. And just like with other in-screen FPS phones, not all protectors will work and might need special materials for that to happen (which not all companies are willing to pay for).

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So far only that one company has come out and said theirs isn't compatible. Dome has confirmed theirs DOES work. And just like with other in-screen FPS phones, not all protectors will work and might need special materials for that to happen (which not all companies are willing to pay for).

I figured it was just that company trying to steer people from the phone. I don't see how Samsung would put out such an expensive phone with one of the key features not working if you put a screen protector on it.

That would be a deal breaker for me because glass screen protectors have saved my phone multiple times and I prefer using the scanner to open my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49