02-28-2019 09:14 AM
94 123 ...
tools
    It's been confirmed that screen protectors will knock out the fingerprint reader on the S10 / S10+ - just curious: will this keep you from buying it?

The same goes for the Mate 20 Pro - although some protectors work for that one. Those with glue covering the entire screen and the plastic ones. Not sure I'd they will work on the S10 as well though.
    01-18-2019 09:42 AM
    Just a side note...it's been confirmed by that one brand. THEIR screen protector. That being said, just like the OP one, you might need a special protector for the in-screen FPS to work.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-18-2019 10:44 AM
    Just a side note...it's been confirmed by that one brand. THEIR screen protector. That being said, just like the OP one, you might need a special protector for the in-screen FPS to work.
    Wish Samsung would just include one
    01-18-2019 04:31 PM
    Wish Samsung would just include one
    One of the early rumors was that they would be doing just that since 3rd party won't work
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    01-20-2019 05:14 PM
    ArmadilloTek made great cases. I believe them as Huawei Mate20 Pro has the Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor too.
    It just not work.
    01-20-2019 08:46 PM
    ArmadilloTek made great cases. I believe them as Huawei Mate20 Pro has the Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor too.
    It just not work.
    I'm not saying they're lying, I'm saying this hasn't been confirmed but for this one manufacturer. Others might make one that works, or they need to come from Samsung or maybe thin-film works. All it's confirmed is that armadillo's doesn't.
    01-21-2019 07:55 AM
    I have to have a screen protector.
    01-21-2019 10:06 AM
    The rumor is that the phone will come with one pre-installed. Obviously, they'll probably work with the phones, and Samsung will have another product listed for sale on the website, upwards of $50.
    stridr69 likes this.
    01-21-2019 10:46 AM
    this will be interesting see what does work with it or if Samsung will have their own preinstalled or to be purchased.
    01-23-2019 08:58 PM
    No really
    01-25-2019 10:59 PM
    I've read that the Dome glass screen protectors will work.
    mustang7757 and sergysn like this.
    01-30-2019 06:08 AM
    I've read that the Dome glass screen protectors will work.
    I use dome on most of my phones, that be great.
    Vassili94 likes this.
    01-30-2019 07:46 AM
    I use done on most of my phones, that be great.
    I do too! Dome keeps posting it everywhere! Their screen protectors 'will not interfere with the fingerprint scanner on the S10's.'
    01-30-2019 08:11 AM
    I do too! Dome keeps posting it everywhere! Their screen protectors 'will not interfere with the fingerprint scanner on the S10's.'
    Good news , thanks for heads up
    lmandl likes this.
    01-30-2019 10:34 AM
    That’d be cool - just hoping there’ll be cheaper dome-style protectors like there are for the Mate 20 Pro.

Dome’s had a terrible track record shipping in time
    01-30-2019 03:10 PM
    That’d be cool - just hoping there’ll be cheaper dome-style protectors like there are for the Mate 20 Pro.

Dome’s had a terrible track record shipping in time
    I got mine thru Amazon since I have Prime. Received it in 2 days. Same price as Dome sells it for but with free, 2 day shipping.
    01-30-2019 04:03 PM
    I've used many indisplay fingerprint scanner with screen protectors. They worked well in that. why samsung galaxy s10 won't work with screen protectors.
    02-06-2019 03:21 AM
    I've used many indisplay fingerprint scanner with screen protectors. They worked well in that. why samsung galaxy s10 won't work with screen protectors.
    So far only that one company has come out and said theirs isn't compatible. Dome has confirmed theirs DOES work. And just like with other in-screen FPS phones, not all protectors will work and might need special materials for that to happen (which not all companies are willing to pay for).
    02-06-2019 11:42 AM
    Yes, itseems that they have to make screen protectors from special materials to work on underneath fingerprint reader.
    02-07-2019 12:30 AM
    So far only that one company has come out and said theirs isn't compatible. Dome has confirmed theirs DOES work. And just like with other in-screen FPS phones, not all protectors will work and might need special materials for that to happen (which not all companies are willing to pay for).
    I figured it was just that company trying to steer people from the phone. I don't see how Samsung would put out such an expensive phone with one of the key features not working if you put a screen protector on it.

That would be a deal breaker for me because glass screen protectors have saved my phone multiple times and I prefer using the scanner to open my phone.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-08-2019 12:09 PM
    At least the FPS is back on the front where it belongs...
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    02-08-2019 12:21 PM
    One of the early rumors was that they would be doing just that since 3rd party won't work
    Yes I read that too in an early rumor but haven't heard anything about it since.
    02-09-2019 11:58 AM
    Oh they do so Dome is a good protector? I've been using Zagg for a while now and I like this kiosk in the mall girl puts it one for me and does a great job.
    02-09-2019 12:00 PM
    I figured it was just that company trying to steer people from the phone. I don't see how Samsung would put out such an expensive phone with one of the key features not working if you put a screen protector on it.

That would be a deal breaker for me because glass screen protectors have saved my phone multiple times and I prefer using the scanner to open my phone.
    Back when we had HTC M8 we used Zagg glass for the 1st time and I loved it and it was 40 bucks but I wanted Glass for all my phones and then after the M9 when we got our 7 Edges things changed and now with these curved edges their isn't really any good glass ones out there that I know of but I stil use Zagg just the Invisishield not glass. I don't like the ones that have the black on the top and bottom I liked just the all clear glass ones.
    02-09-2019 12:02 PM
    Oh they do so Dome is a good protector? I've been using Zagg for a while now and I like this kiosk in the mall girl puts it one for me and does a great job.
    Really good! I've had mine on my S9 plus for almost a year now. Dropped it a handful of times and there's not a scratch on it!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-09-2019 12:14 PM
94 123 ...