Deals at Launch

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't purchased a new phone since the S7 came out so I was curious if there have been any deals at pre-order or at launch (specifically Verizon) in the past few years. I will be buying (3) S10's for my family and I know they do BOGO deals at random times but don't remember if they offer them when the phone first comes out.

Does Verizon usually release pre-order information early or do they wait until the phone is announced on the 20th?

So far the only rumor I have heard of is them throwing in Galaxy Buds in for free if you pre-order.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I haven't purchased a new phone since the S7 came out so I was curious if there have been any deals at pre-order or at launch (specifically Verizon) in the past few years. I will be buying (3) S10's for my family and I know they do BOGO deals at random times but don't remember if they offer them when the phone first comes out.

Does Verizon usually release pre-order information early or do they wait until the phone is announced on the 20th?

So far the only rumor I have heard of is them throwing in Galaxy Buds in for free if you pre-order.
You generally don't see deals till a month or two after release.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes usually all carriers BOGO is to add a new line. I have a Best Buy gift card but if Samsung is doing the ear buds I'll get from them. Sometimes they have a special buy back phone deal that's higher than anyone else.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh really so if we order from Samsung and get 550 for our old phones we will get the Galaxy buds too. I hope so! That would be a sweet deal

Last edited:

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh really so if we order from Samsung and get 550 for our old phones we will get the Galaxy buds too. I hope so! That would be a sweet deal

That is Samsung Vietnam, who knows what they will offer here in the states. Also it's "up to" $550 depending on which phone you have.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just checked Samsung's site and acted as if I was purchasing a S9 with a trade-in and when I got to the end if I chose "Verizon Device Payment Plans" it took an extra $200 off the phone. Hopefully this is also the case with the S10, making it much better to purchase through Samsung that directly with Verizon.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That is Samsung Vietnam, who knows what they will offer here in the states. Also it's "up to" $550 depending on which phone you have.

Right and I went to Samsung.com and reserved for both me and my husband and it said $550 for my 9 plus and his Note 8 plus we will get $50 off accessory so I can buy the buds If I really think I'll like them.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I just checked Samsung's site and acted as if I was purchasing a S9 with a trade-in and when I got to the end if I chose "Verizon Device Payment Plans" it took an extra $200 off the phone. Hopefully this is also the case with the S10, making it much better to purchase through Samsung that directly with Verizon.

I'm guessing that's becuase they are trying to get rid of the S9's that they have since they will be announcing the S10 next week. It's pretty common practice with all products, I wouldn't expect to see that much of a discount on the S10.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope Samsung (and Apple) drops the price but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't or even raise it.

I can't do anything but as long as it cost me less than $1,000 CAN for the S10+ after taxes I'm good. Obviously, this includes the pre-order bonus and trade-in credit.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes but it says you have to do one of their 24 month installment plans. For us we just want to buy the unlocked outright at full price and trade in and pay the difference so my Sprint bills stays the same. I am on an old grandfathered plan and don't want to pay any extra.

Read fine print. I maybe wrong but unlocked phones I don't think get the $650 off. It looks like they fall under the trade in which is $550. Also, the $550 is as giftcard so guess you could trade phone then order phone???

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Right we don't get the 650 and you have to do the 2-year lease I didn't see the fine print about unlocked but now I'm reading we can get 550 but I need to know or make sure that we can get 550 and use that off of buying 2 unlocked phones outright if so I'd rather do Best But cause of the horror stories in hearing about trading into Samsung even though we had no problems with our 7 edges. But I'm already reserved it Samsung I just haven't done anything yet I'm going to decide tomorrow after I talk to Best Buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar