02-21-2019 02:59 AM
34 12
tools
    Was going to keep my Note 9
    but after this Video... lol

02-18-2019 12:11 AM

Nice but don't forget the note10 probably will have the same or some of the same features too. Unless you switch back and forth from the s and note series.
    mustang7757 and smooches680 like this.
    02-18-2019 12:39 AM
    Still doesn't have an s-pen so they can keep it :-)
    02-18-2019 03:36 AM
    I like it !
    Did you see the video with the tempered glass screen protector with the big hole in the middle for the fingerprint sensor? That I don't like.

Better start saving my pennies for the Note 10.
    rsmin likes this.
    02-18-2019 08:03 AM
    I like it !
    Did you see the video with the tempered glass screen protector with the big hole in the middle for the fingerprint sensor? That I don't like.

Better start saving my pennies for the Note 10.
    Yep, I understand the in-screen finger print reader won't work with screen protectors, thus the need for a hole in the screen protector. I am holding on to my note 9 anyway but the hole in the screen protector is ridiculous.
    debdroid1a and ladyc0524 like this.
    02-18-2019 09:20 AM
    Yep, I understand the in-screen finger print reader won't work with screen protectors, thus the need for a hole in the screen protector. I am holding on to my note 9 anyway but the hole in the screen protector is ridiculous.
    The whitestone Dome will not have a hole in protector. It is supposedly only one that works.

https://www.whitestonedome.com/
    02-18-2019 09:23 AM

I watched. What seems "cool"?
    02-18-2019 09:30 AM
    What happened to the video?
    02-18-2019 02:33 PM
    Personally I don't see the big thing why needing it under the screen. The finger print sensor on the back of the Note works just fine for me.

Better off waiting for the Note 10. Like with the s9 Plus I wanted it badly but decided to stick with the Note 8. I was glad I waited for the Note 9 instead.

Of course if I had a couple million then I'd buy the s10 plus then the Note 10 but I don't.
    02-18-2019 02:37 PM
    Dead link, what is it?
    02-18-2019 03:13 PM
    It's not a big thing, but I prefer it on the front for a number of reasons. It's not uncommon for my phone to be sitting face up on my desk, or in a cradle. Unlocking from front is just more convenient for me. You probably don't use your phone that way too often.
    Personally I don't see the big thing why needing it under the screen. The finger print sensor on the back of the Note works just fine for me.

Better off waiting for the Note 10. Like with the s9 Plus I wanted it badly but decided to stick with the Note 8. I was glad I waited for the Note 9 instead.

Of course if I had a couple million then I'd buy the s10 plus then the Note 10 but I don't.
    02-18-2019 04:09 PM
    It's not a big thing, but I prefer it on the front for a number of reasons. It's not uncommon for my phone to be sitting face up on my desk, or in a cradle. Unlocking from front is just more convenient for me. You probably don't use your phone that way too often.
    However, if it adds to the cost of the device and screen replacement then I'd just rather have it on the back or have a physical finger print scanner on the front like the Note 7.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    02-18-2019 09:39 PM
    However, if it adds to the cost of the device and screen replacement then I'd just rather have it on the back or have a physical finger print scanner on the front like the Note 7.
    Of course, it will definitely add to the cost of a screen replacement. I can see it costing upwards of $250-300.
    02-18-2019 10:38 PM
    Of course, it will definitely add to the cost of a screen replacement. I can see it costing upwards of $250-300.
    Depends on whether it's attached to the display or a separate component. This is one of the few ultrasonic ones, so who knows.
    02-18-2019 10:49 PM
    Depends on whether it's attached to the display or a separate component. This is one of the few ultrasonic ones, so who knows.
    I'm assuming that at least some pressure would need to be applied when registering a print, so the best case scenario in terms of screen replacement would be for it to be a separate component. My concern would be how much of an affect the ultrasonic sensor will have on battery life, both in standby mode and when in use, since people unlock their phones often throughout the day. From what I've seen so far, having the optical sensors enabled kills a battery faster.
    02-18-2019 11:35 PM
    Dumb question, so no more screen protectors moving forward?
    02-19-2019 03:26 AM
    Dumb question, so no more screen protectors moving forward?
    WhiteStone is the only one claiming it works with the upcoming models.
    02-19-2019 06:40 AM
    Yeah, I'm not saying what kind, just that I prefer it on the front. I loved my Note 7. As far as the Ultrasonic, I'm waiting to see how that all plays out. Screen protectors, Replacement screens, accuracy in different conditions - it's just too new for me to make a judgements on it. We'll see soon enough though.
    02-19-2019 07:28 AM
    Samsung will be selling screen protectors directly-- PLASTIC screen protectors, according to Roland Quandt.
    02-19-2019 07:57 AM
    WhiteStone is the only one claiming it works with the upcoming models.
    Oh lawd. Since my first Note , a Note 3 , I've never looked at the S line series. Hopefully Samsung doesnt discontinue the note series . Then again it'll probably have similar screen "features" if and when a note 10 or X comes out.
    02-19-2019 08:07 AM
    Samsung will be selling screen protectors directly-- PLASTIC screen protectors, according to Roland Quandt.
    Samsung should take a note from Huawei and install them from factory.
    02-19-2019 08:07 AM
    I sure like the finger print sensor on the back of my S9. I had no intention to get an S10 but hopefully when I do need a new phone Samsung will have a model with a rear sensor. I also had an S8 and the placement wasn't quite as good as it is now in the S9 but I just can't see the logic of putting it in the front. On tabs and maybe the plus sizes a screen sensor would be nice but as long as I can pick up my phone I want a fingerprint sensor on the back where my index finger naturally falls.
    02-19-2019 09:53 AM
    I'm assuming that at least some pressure would need to be applied when registering a print, so the best case scenario in terms of screen replacement would be for it to be a separate component. My concern would be how much of an affect the ultrasonic sensor will have on battery life, both in standby mode and when in use, since people unlock their phones often throughout the day. From what I've seen so far, having the optical sensors enabled kills a battery faster.
    Pressure isn't needed. I can't imagine either this or an optical sensor would have an additional draw on battery life.
    02-19-2019 01:22 PM
    I sure like the finger print sensor on the back of my S9. I had no intention to get an S10 but hopefully when I do need a new phone Samsung will have a model with a rear sensor. I also had an S8 and the placement wasn't quite as good as it is now in the S9 but I just can't see the logic of putting it in the front. On tabs and maybe the plus sizes a screen sensor would be nice but as long as I can pick up my phone I want a fingerprint sensor on the back where my index finger naturally falls.
    Rear sensors are dead after the 9 generation. Front makes a lot more sense from an ergonomic/usability standpoint. The only reason they switched from front to back to begin with I because of the move towards greater screen size.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    02-19-2019 01:24 PM
    Rear sensors are dead after the 9 generation. Front makes a lot more sense from an ergonomic/usability standpoint. The only reason they switched from front to back to begin with I because of the move towards greater screen size.
    While you and I may find it more usable on the front, others may find it more usable on the back. You can't say they are wrong. It's a user preference.
    02-19-2019 02:24 PM
34 12