So... S10 looks to be an amazing phone

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
After watching the entire keynote I wasn't this thrilled to purchase a phone in a long time.

The cameras look and sound amazing on paper and in the presentation.

The Fold is out of the question. Asking price is just too insane!

What do you all think ?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The Fold looks awesome but not $2,000 awesome. I could (and plan to) get a gaming laptop for that price! The Galaxy S10+ has everything I want and is at least in the realm of reasonable pricing.

On a sidenote: T-Mobile says it'll be on JOD. Really curious what the down payment and monthly payments will be on this thing. If it's affordable, maybe...

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just finished watching cause I was at work. I haven't been this excited in a long time neither. I can't wait gonna pre order tomorrow once I know for sure whether to do Samsung or Best Buy. What color is everyone getting? I don't know since theirs no green. Not sure I like the pink would love to see it in person. Maybe I'll do blue or white.

Aljean Thein

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Didn't see anything new they brought to the table but the foldable phone.

Gotta see how the cameras perform when the reviews are out.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I liked S10+ a lot, but must confess the Fold was the only one that makes me really excited. Both are too pricey, though, I really can't imagine me paying 1000+ bucks for a phone anymore. And about Samsung, I had some, last was the S8 and the story always ended in the same way: me selling the gadget disappointed because of the OS lags, little bugs and glitches. Unfortunately, for now, I'll pass.

But, in the future, this Fold will be on my radar surely...

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The Fold looks awesome but not $2,000 awesome. I could (and plan to) get a gaming laptop for that price! The Galaxy S10+ has everything I want and is at least in the realm of reasonable pricing.

On a sidenote: T-Mobile says it'll be on JOD. Really curious what the down payment and monthly payments will be on this thing. If it's affordable, maybe...
I checked this morning. $100 down. S9/S8 get you $350 trade-in.

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Nice phones but why is no-one talking about the awkward position of the power button???

Its all the way up at the top, hardly the most user friendly of positions

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The Fold looked pretty cool but when collapsed I'd prefer it to be the size of the S10+ and not 4.6"... especially at $2,000. Ordered a S10+ last night, looks like a pretty cool phone.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Nice phones but why is no-one talking about the awkward position of the power button???

Its all the way up at the top, hardly the most user friendly of positions

Looks like it's about the same location as the S9+, when I hold the S9+ in my hand I have no problems hitting the power button with my thumb.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The device looks really cool and I'll most likely get the S10 plus but I gotta say I'm not feeling the cutout that much

Maybe I'll change my mind after I see it live

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
The device looks really cool and I'll most likely get the S10 plus but I gotta say I'm not feeling the cutout that much

Maybe I'll change my mind after I see it live

I know a lot of people don't like the cutout. But according to studies done the human eye tends to always look left when reading. I read this years ago. Hope to find a link.

I actually like the placement of it as the right side isn't much of a bother. At least to me.

Kingfroman

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit it's a nice phone. I got to play with it and pretty much felt like the s8 and 9. The fingerprint scanner was quick. They went all out in every category. They raised the baseline storage to 128gb. Atmos sound. HDR10+ capable. RAM is up. Swallowed their pride on mapping that bixby button. There's not much more you can ask for hardware wise. Let's hope the software holds up.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit it's a nice phone. I got to play with it and pretty much felt like the s8 and 9. The fingerprint scanner was quick. They went all out in every category. They raised the baseline storage to 128gb. Atmos sound. HDR10+ capable. RAM is up. Swallowed their pride on mapping that bixby button. There's not much more you can ask for hardware wise. Let's hope the software holds up.
Only that they killed the multi-color notification LED. That's a shame.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I know a lot of people don't like the cutout. But according to studies done the human eye tends to always look left when reading. I read this years ago. Hope to find a link.

I actually like the placement of it as the right side isn't much of a bother. At least to me.

I'm sure they Samsung did their research as to what side would be better, I don't think I'll mind in portrait it's just watching videos in landscape and in full screen that I may find bothersome, mind you most videos are still 16:9 aspect ratio so if you don't pinch to zoom the cutout will be cutout lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith