An almost perfect case for Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, if there were Screen Protector built-in.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Pelican Shield, that I have been sporting for the last few days, has been a pleasant change thus far over my Defender Pro. Bulk is in the eye of the beholder. Since using the Defender since 2006, every smartphone has been through its pace and emerged pristine at resale times. People are amazed that the phone looks like the day it came out of the box. Given that the Galaxy devices are now made of glass and are priced at a premium price, to each their own, but you get what you pay for. Before anyone is triggered, I totally get that everyone has different opinions, tolerances, budget and needs as well as there is no perfect case except the one that works best for you.

That is not to say that high prices ensure high performance. The Pelican Shield is lighter and less bulky than the Defender with a well fitted top half mated to a bottom half with a cushion made of Dupont Kevlar. The Pelican Shield has raised edges along each side that mitigate accidental presses with adequate protection for the forehead, chin and rear facing camera array. Since the advent of the curved screens, the GS10+ is the first phone that has a screen protector which I may remove. The Defender caused very minor bubbling at the top corners and one spot on the left side in the OEM screen protector. The Pelican Shield has not had any issues with the OEM screen protector. Buttons are very tactile and the port covers fit very well with tight tolerance and easy use. Best of all, if it breaks, Pelican replaces free for life.

SuperLeakTX

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
The Pelican Shield, that I have been sporting for the last few days, has been a pleasant change thus far over my Defender Pro. Bulk is in the eye of the beholder. Since using the Defender since 2006, every smartphone has been through its pace and emerged pristine at resale times. People are amazed that the phone looks like the day it came out of the box. Given that the Galaxy devices are now made of glass and are priced at a premium price, to each their own, but you get what you pay for. Before anyone is triggered, I totally get that everyone has different opinions, tolerances, budget and needs as well as there is no perfect case except the one that works best for you.

That is not to say that high prices ensure high performance. The Pelican Shield is lighter and less bulky than the Defender with a well fitted top half mated to a bottom half with a cushion made of Dupont Kevlar. The Pelican Shield has raised edges along each side that mitigate accidental presses with adequate protection for the forehead, chin and rear facing camera array. Since the advent of the curved screens, the GS10+ is the first phone that has a screen protector which I may remove. The Defender caused very minor bubbling at the top corners and one spot on the left side in the OEM screen protector. The Pelican Shield has not had any issues with the OEM screen protector. Buttons are very tactile and the port covers fit very well with tight tolerance and easy use. Best of all, if it breaks, Pelican replaces free for life.

I love my Pelican storage box for my rifle
Does the case has kickstand?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my Pelican storage box for my rifle
Does the case has kickstand?

Pelican does make great rifle cases. No kickstand on the Shield. Never had much use for them. I believe that the holster does similar to the Defender. I never have had much use for the holster. With these premium cases, I much focused on protection.

SuperLeakTX

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
Pelican does make great rifle cases. No kickstand on the Shield. Never had much use for them. I believe that the holster does similar to the Defender. I never have had much use for the holster. With these premium cases, I much focused on protection.

Agreed

taoisawesome

Jun 10, 2019
Visit site

The pelican cases are minimalist, I would rather choose UAG or this case