06-10-2019 02:34 PM
31 12
tools
    A good mix of size and protection. It isn't as bulky as similar cases on the market and it seems to offer the same level of protection.
    Sadly, they told me that due to the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, most screen protector won't work with it, so they don't provide built-in screen protector anymore.
    For a rugged case I expected the kickstand to be a bit more sturdy, however it functions fine and it's nice to be able to use it in portrait and landscape modes.
    It has the rubber buttons over the headphone jack and charging port like similar cases do to add an extra layer of protection, however I find these to be extremely annoying on all cases so the first thing I do with a case like this is cut them off.
    Just preordered my phone, for that reason I can't speak to their functionality. It is easy and comfortable to hold due to the slimmer profile and the anti-slip pattern on the sides. The only thing I will say about the feel is to be realistic. It feels like a good $20 case and compares favorably to similar cases in that price range.
    If you you're expecting it to feel like an Otterbox or similar cases, you will be surprised that they are pretty close and more functional in my opinion.
    Is it better than other similar cases in the same price range, absolutely.

I will update this review when I received my 10 plus at Mar 5th.

But for now, I can say it is a good investment for my phones.
    You can get it from Amazon with extra 20% off coupon Amdtek20

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ArmadilloTek+s10+case&ref=nb_sb_noss

And they are offering a program, you can submit to win one free.

https://armadillotek.com/pages/free

An almost perfect case for Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, if there were Screen Protector built-in.-20190222_115223.jpg
    An almost perfect case for Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, if there were Screen Protector built-in.-20190222_115233.jpg
    An almost perfect case for Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, if there were Screen Protector built-in.-20190222_115427.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190222_115427.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	525.9 KB 
ID:	298494An almost perfect case for Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, if there were Screen Protector built-in.-20190222_115439.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190222_115439.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	478.1 KB 
ID:	298495

[UPDATED]
    Find a review from a popular youtuber Max Lee
    02-22-2019 11:58 AM
    Way too bulky for my taste, but that's just me. And yeah, they were the first company (I think)to come out an confirm their protector wouldn't work so they'd be shipping cases without it. And as confirmed by Samsung, they either 'get with the program' and use the required thickness/materials (there ARE Samsung-certified protectors that will work, so it's not all of them) or their protectors won´t cut it. Slim, thin-film protectors should work, though, so I feel they should have at least included one of those here.
    02-22-2019 01:24 PM
    Looks pretty nice to me. A bit bulky but I might give it a try
    SuperLeakTX likes this.
    02-22-2019 02:38 PM
    Way too bulky for my taste, but that's just me. And yeah, they were the first company (I think)to come out an confirm their protector wouldn't work so they'd be shipping cases without it. And as confirmed by Samsung, they either 'get with the program' and use the required thickness/materials (there ARE Samsung-certified protectors that will work, so it's not all of them) or their protectors won´t cut it. Slim, thin-film protectors should work, though, so I feel they should have at least included one of those here.
    It feels actually pretty sleek when you hold it.
    I willl update it when i get my phone in hand!!
    02-22-2019 03:01 PM
    Their Note 9 cases work with tempered glass SP, so maybe we can get one at amazon? I will try it, and fxxk the fingerprint sensor, I use no password
    02-22-2019 03:02 PM
    These Belkin glass protectors work with the S10 screen sensors. Available March 8th.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=mN4KsT9M

I'm trying to find out if a screen wrap like Ghost Armor will work. I've preferred these on my last 4 phones (S3, S5, S7, S9).

-Gina
    02-22-2019 04:25 PM
    Their Note 9 cases work with tempered glass SP, so maybe we can get one at amazon? I will try it, and fxxk the fingerprint sensor, I use no password
    It's not that the protector doesn't work with the glass, is that the S10/S10+/S10 5G has a very low tolerance to thick materials over the FPS, so unless they meet a very specific material and thickness range (which obviously Armadillo isn't willing to invest time/money into), they just won't allow the FPS to work as it would effectively dampen the ultrasonic waves that are used to map your fingerprint to a point where they're rendered unusable.
    dfwfreaks likes this.
    02-22-2019 04:58 PM
    why do we need screen protector?
    02-22-2019 11:55 PM
    Looks a lot like the iBlason and supcase ones. Really nice cases just a pain to remove. I started going with the Zizo Bolt about the same protection just easier to remove.
    02-26-2019 01:45 PM
    why do we need screen protector?
    You don't if you're careful with your phone, but some people, my wife included, are prone to dropping their phones. I haven't used a screen protector since the note 7. Nothing works great with the curve and I'm not spending $50 and an hour of my time for the Whitestone.
    SpookDroid and LilSweetLin like this.
    02-26-2019 01:46 PM
    You don't if you're careful with your phone, but some people, my wife included, are prone to dropping their phones. I haven't used a screen protector since the note 7. Nothing works great with the curve and I'm not spending $50 and an hour of my time for the Whitestone.
    True, the curve does make it hard to find a decent screen protector (though I do like curved screens nonetheless).

For what it's worth, a TPU screen protector like the Spigen NeoFlex will also afford a decent amount of drop protection when combined with a case. And it only takes five minutes to install.
    02-26-2019 09:04 PM
    Well I watched one unbox video and he said it came with a protector on it. Someone else here I think said the one in the store had one pre-installed but I just watched his other unboxing and he pulled off the plastic film and said no pre-installed maybe his review one didn't have it who knows. If not I am just doing Zagg again.
    02-26-2019 09:40 PM
    Well I watched one unbox video and he said it came with a protector on it. Someone else here I think said the one in the store had one pre-installed but I just watched his other unboxing and he pulled off the plastic film and said no pre-installed maybe his review one didn't have it who knows. If not I am just doing Zagg again.
    I saw two unboxing videos to the same effect. Just in case it isn't included in the T-Mobile variant, I bought a tempered glass protector with adhesive on the whole surface, and a TPU screen protector for a total of $17. If there's no pre-installed screen protector, I'll try the glass protector. If it impedes the FPS, I'll default to the TPU screen protector, which will definitely work with the FPS.
    02-26-2019 09:50 PM
    I saw two unboxing videos to the same effect. Just in case it isn't included in the T-Mobile variant, I bought a tempered glass protector with adhesive on the whole surface, and a TPU screen protector for a total of $17. If there's no pre-installed screen protector, I'll try the glass protector. If it impedes the FPS, I'll default to the TPU screen protector, which will definitely work with the FPS.
    MKBHD addressed this in his latest video. Tempered glass is indeed a no go.
    02-26-2019 10:35 PM
    Yeah I know tempered glass wont work and I just do Zagg invisishield and I said this before this girl puts in on at the kiosk at the mall which happens to be down the road from Best Buy so I'll go there right after I get my phone.
    SuperLeakTX likes this.
    02-26-2019 10:47 PM
    MKBHD addressed this in his latest video. Tempered glass is indeed a no go.
    It is a must for me!!!
    02-27-2019 01:45 PM
    The phone will have a built in one now I'm reading so I will just use that.
    arunma likes this.
    03-01-2019 11:46 AM
    The phone will have a built in one now I'm reading so I will just use that.
    Use what?
    03-01-2019 07:24 PM
    Use what?
    The phone's built-in screen protector that's going to be pre-installed. I will use it and not by a Zagg one now
    03-02-2019 01:51 AM
    The phone's built-in screen protector that's going to be pre-installed. I will use it and not by a Zagg one now
    Sure, we will eventually get a new screen protector, tho
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    03-03-2019 11:15 AM
    Did you try any tempered glass screen protector?
    03-14-2019 01:04 PM
    Did you try any tempered glass screen protector?
    No I don't even have my phone yet. My husband got his Wed but he is fine with the one on the phone for now. And I will probably be the same way. I'll use it till it goes bad than get a Zagg.
    03-15-2019 11:41 AM
    Actually no tempered glass screen protector works perfectly
    03-23-2019 06:47 PM
    The Pelican Shield, that I have been sporting for the last few days, has been a pleasant change thus far over my Defender Pro. Bulk is in the eye of the beholder. Since using the Defender since 2006, every smartphone has been through its pace and emerged pristine at resale times. People are amazed that the phone looks like the day it came out of the box. Given that the Galaxy devices are now made of glass and are priced at a premium price, to each their own, but you get what you pay for. Before anyone is triggered, I totally get that everyone has different opinions, tolerances, budget and needs as well as there is no perfect case except the one that works best for you.

That is not to say that high prices ensure high performance. The Pelican Shield is lighter and less bulky than the Defender with a well fitted top half mated to a bottom half with a cushion made of Dupont Kevlar. The Pelican Shield has raised edges along each side that mitigate accidental presses with adequate protection for the forehead, chin and rear facing camera array. Since the advent of the curved screens, the GS10+ is the first phone that has a screen protector which I may remove. The Defender caused very minor bubbling at the top corners and one spot on the left side in the OEM screen protector. The Pelican Shield has not had any issues with the OEM screen protector. Buttons are very tactile and the port covers fit very well with tight tolerance and easy use. Best of all, if it breaks, Pelican replaces free for life.
    03-23-2019 08:03 PM
    The Pelican Shield, that I have been sporting for the last few days, has been a pleasant change thus far over my Defender Pro. Bulk is in the eye of the beholder. Since using the Defender since 2006, every smartphone has been through its pace and emerged pristine at resale times. People are amazed that the phone looks like the day it came out of the box. Given that the Galaxy devices are now made of glass and are priced at a premium price, to each their own, but you get what you pay for. Before anyone is triggered, I totally get that everyone has different opinions, tolerances, budget and needs as well as there is no perfect case except the one that works best for you.

That is not to say that high prices ensure high performance. The Pelican Shield is lighter and less bulky than the Defender with a well fitted top half mated to a bottom half with a cushion made of Dupont Kevlar. The Pelican Shield has raised edges along each side that mitigate accidental presses with adequate protection for the forehead, chin and rear facing camera array. Since the advent of the curved screens, the GS10+ is the first phone that has a screen protector which I may remove. The Defender caused very minor bubbling at the top corners and one spot on the left side in the OEM screen protector. The Pelican Shield has not had any issues with the OEM screen protector. Buttons are very tactile and the port covers fit very well with tight tolerance and easy use. Best of all, if it breaks, Pelican replaces free for life.
    I love my Pelican storage box for my rifle
    Does the case has kickstand?
    03-24-2019 10:46 AM
31 12