Notification LED on S10?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
AOD was always meant to do so... Since the S10 line is trying to do away with bezels, anything that cannot be placed under the screen had to go.

If it is, then it needs a lot of work. I have aod on and it shows a lot of data, but the notification led told me that something important was happening.

This bezel less nonsense is taking away useful features in favor of something that really isn't very important.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If it is, then it needs a lot of work. I have aod on and it shows a lot of data, but the notification led told me that something important was happening.

This bezel less nonsense is taking away useful features in favor of something that really isn't very important.

I mean, it's not like AOD actually shows you more, useful information or anything...🙄

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I mean, it's not like AOD actually shows you more, useful information or anything...🙄

No, it shows me all information. Discord notices
Facebook
PayPal
Weather
Twitter
Samsung Health
Etc

Hidden within the 3 icons and +X are specific notifications that might be more important than others.

Text messages
Facebook messenger
Calendar events

The led let me know if these vip notifications were buried in with the others.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
No, it shows me all information. Discord notices
Facebook
PayPal
Weather
Twitter
Samsung Health
Etc

Hidden within the 3 icons and +X are specific notifications that might be more important than others.

Text messages
Facebook messenger
Calendar events

The led let me know if these vip notifications were buried in with the others.

So you turn on the display and see the notifications? Not as big of a deal as you're making it.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
So you turn on the display and see the notifications? Not as big of a deal as you're making it.

Then they shouldn't have compressed the notifications on the AOD screen. The led let's me know that I have an important notification that I will probably want to check. The AOD just tells me that I have notifications.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Since they are releasing the SDK for the camera that means it's possible someone can take the code of flashing edge of the front camera and turn it to a notification light. Who knows. No led notification is a bummer but not a deal breaker to me. If I see a notification on my AOD, no matter what it is, I'll still check it anyway. It was just nice to see a notification a few feet away from the blinking led when I can't see the AOD and not wearing my smart watch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The way I look at it led notifications told me a notification was sent to my phone , now was it important or just a email got go in and check it.

The AOD notifications came in , I know its email or Facebook, phone by the icon then I would see if important enough to open my phone.

Then you have edge lighting not as good as the other 2 .

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
The way I look at it led notifications told me a notification was sent to my phone , now was it important or just a email got go in and check it.

The AOD notifications came in , I know its email or Facebook, phone by the icon then I would see if important enough to open my phone.

Then you have edge lighting not as good as the other 2 .
No, the LED has colors. I set them up. If I glanced at my phone and it was blinking blue, I knew it was work related and I should check it out. Green was for my personal emails. If it was blinking purple - it was my wife. If it was blinking red it was my junk account, or non important stuff like Facebook. I love the LED. I can glance at my phone sitting a distance away, or over on a charging cradle, and know if it needs attention by the color of the blinking light. Very useful to me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, the LED has colors. I set them up. If I glanced at my phone and it was blinking blue, I knew it was work related and I should check it out. Green was for my personal emails. If it was blinking purple - it was my wife. If it was blinking red it was my junk account, or non important stuff like Facebook. I love the LED. I can glance at my phone sitting a distance away, or over on a charging cradle, and know if it needs attention by the color of the blinking light. Very useful to me.

You have to download a app for that?
Default cant change colors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000