02-26-2019 09:58 AM
45 12
tools
    A few thoughts.

The size of the S10 + is amazing. Hardly any bigger than my S7 Edge but at least a 50% larger viewing area
    These phones are blazingly fast! They get to any website so fast your finger is not even off the phone by the time it gets there. Just amazing! I've never seen anything this fast before. Maybe it has to do with the 8 GB of RAM. There was no lag... as in none at all. Smooth as butter no matter what you asked it to do.

You better look at the colors before you order. The Prism white is a weird, kind of cheap looking pearlescent color that reflects a lot of pink and blue. Really didn't like it at all. The blue is just kind of drab looking. Should be a deeper, richer blue. Neither fish nor fowl as they say. The real killer color is the coral or orange or whatever they call it. It's absolutely gorgeous but is sadly not available in the S10+. But it's really gorgeous. All of this really doesn't mean that much as we'll all be using a case which will cover up whatever color you choose.

The screen is stunning and is much brighter on max than the S7.

There is no notification light or light ring around the front facing camera. Maybe a future software upgrade but none in the native software.

Just thought I'd share these initial impressions from my brief time with the phone.
    02-23-2019 12:44 PM
    A few thoughts. The size of the S10 + is amazing. Hardly any bigger than my S7 but at least a 50% larger viewing area.
    These phones are blazingly fast! They get to any website so fast your finger is not even off the phone by the time it gets there. Just amazing! I've never seen anything this fast before. Maybe it has to do with the 8 GB of RAM. There was no lag... as in none at all. Smooth as butter no matter what you asked it to do.
    You better look at the colors before you order. The Prism white is a weird, kind of cheap looking pearlescent color that reflects a lot of pink and blue. Really didn't like it at all. The blue is just kind of drab looking. Should be a deeper, richer blue. Neither fish nor fowl as they say. The real killer color is the coral or orange or whatever they call it. It's absolutely gorgeous but is sadly not available in the S10+. But it's really gorgeous. All of this really doesn't mean that much as we'll all be using a case which will cover up whatever color you choose.
    There is no notification light or light ring around the front facing camera. Maybe a future software upgrade but none in the native software.
    Just thought I'd share these initial impressions from my brief time with the phone.
    Cool thanks for sharing
    02-23-2019 12:49 PM
    Just played with them at Best Buy and they make my Note 9 seem like it's from the 1980's.

Could not test the fingerprint scanner, I believe it was not available in the demo units.
    Ultra Male and Tarah Sorber like this.
    02-23-2019 01:01 PM
    Did you end up ordering one yet? I remember you from the Note 9 ordering forums! Here we go again right? Ha! I'm with Verizon and wondering if I should order from Samsung this time around. I just don't have any experience with them. It would be nice to get their trade in credit because I still have a barely used Note 8 too,that I could trade in with them..I'm trying to make the best decision,so I will hopefully order in the next hour or two.
    02-23-2019 02:36 PM
    Did you end up ordering one yet? I remember you from the Note 9 ordering forums! Here we go again right? Ha! I'm with Verizon and wondering if I should order from Samsung this time around. I just don't have any experience with them. It would be nice to get their trade in credit because I still have a barely used Note 8 too,that I could trade in with them..I'm trying to make the best decision,so I will hopefully order in the next hour or two.
    I did order through The Verizon website. It was very easy actually. But that said, I don't see any significant downside to buying an unlocked phone from BB. Being unlocked you will lose a couple of Verizon-only features but nothing that really matters and you have a phone that you can use with any other carrier. Many people prefer to own unlocked phones. Just be sure to check out those colors! I was really turned off by the white and (to a lesser extent) the blue. Good luck.
    02-23-2019 03:28 PM
    A few thoughts.

The size of the S10 + is amazing. Hardly any bigger than my S7 Edge but at least a 50% larger viewing area

So did that pink flamingo color look girly?
    02-23-2019 03:29 PM
    02-23-2019 03:39 PM
    This is rather disconcerting.

How is the ceramic black?
    02-23-2019 03:40 PM
    So did that pink flamingo color look girly?
    No, it was absolutely gorgeous. But Christ, they really could have come up with a better name. "Pink flamingo?" Holy crap. Could they have picked a worse name? I don't think so. But it's a terrific color.
    02-23-2019 03:42 PM
    A few thoughts.

I just came back from a local Verizon store, and they only had Prism Blue and White. I really wanted to see the Flamingo Pink. Which store were you at that had it? The Prism Blue and White are ok, but I really wish the Prism Green was available in the US. Since it isn't, Flamingo Pink it is.
    02-23-2019 03:42 PM
    This is rather disconcerting.

How is the ceramic black?
    Typical black. Nicely done but black is black is black if you know what I mean. It's what I ordered.
    02-23-2019 03:44 PM
    RAM does not speed up a phone
    How does the ram improve the phone's functionality then? What does it do?
    02-23-2019 03:45 PM
    Just played with them at Best Buy and they make my Note 9 seem like it's from the 1980's.

Could not test the fingerprint scanner, I believe it was not available in the demo units.
    How so? Aside from basic hardware improvements, what is so amazing about it?

The hardware improvements I can get behind, but the new designs are making my decision to stay with the Note 9 very easy.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    I just came back from a local Verizon store, and they only had Prism Blue and White. I really wanted to see the Flamingo Pink. Which store were you at that had it? The Prism Blue and White are ok, but I really wish the Prism Green was available in the US. Since it isn't, Flamingo Pink it is.
    Bayside Terrace, Queens, NY. I, too,would have loved to see the Prism green. Bummer that we don't get it.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    How so? Aside from basic hardware improvements, what is so amazing about it?

The hardware improvements I can get behind, but the new designs are making my decision to stay with the Note 9 very easy.
    I'm coming from an S7. Nuff said!
    02-23-2019 03:49 PM
    How does the ram improve the phone's functionality then? What does it do?

More RAM in your mobile device means you can run more APPS in the background at the same time without having to reload apps as often. So if you are reopening an app that is still in storage it will load that app slightly faster. What's really important is how well the OS software manages the RAM.
    02-23-2019 04:03 PM
    More RAM in your mobile device means you can run more APPS in the background at the same time without having to reload apps as often. So if you are reopening an app that is still in storage it will load that app slightly faster. What's really important is how well the OS software manages the RAM.
    Thank you for the explanation. But whatever is going on, this phone is WAY faster than anything I have ever seen. It's amazing.
    02-23-2019 04:14 PM
    Thank you for the explanation. But whatever is going on, this phone is WAY faster than anything I have ever seen. It's amazing.
    Snap dragon 855 7nm processor that's why
    gendo667 likes this.
    02-23-2019 04:19 PM
    A few thoughts.

Thanks for sharing all this information. Really helps
    PsychDoc likes this.
    02-23-2019 04:23 PM
    Bayside Terrace, Queens, NY. I, too,would have loved to see the Prism green. Bummer that we don't get it.
    Oh, ok, I was on Austin St. in Queens. Best Buy, I assume? I'd have to go to the Queens Mall.
    02-23-2019 04:24 PM
    No, it was absolutely gorgeous. But Christ, they really could have come up with a better name. "Pink flamingo?" Holy crap. Could they have picked a worse name? I don't think so. But it's a terrific color.
    You actually just swayed me. I was going to get the "living coral" as it looks more orange than pink to me. But the flamingo pink name made me think twice. I cancelled my BB pre order, (blue) lost my 3/8 pick up date, and got the Coral instead. I bought the blue s9 and wasn't impressed. Looks like the s10 blue is also a bit underwhelming. I just hope I don't catch hell from my friends and co-workers over my flamingo pink phone!
    02-23-2019 04:33 PM
    I just played with the S10. Sucks that TMO didn't have the plus. Also couldn't test out the fps. I notice a new version of Samsung Notes.
    02-23-2019 04:37 PM
    I am an iPhone X original owner. I pre-ordered the S10. My wife is a Samsung user. I went today to play with the demo. Could not believe how great the screen is. The camera is great. The size I agree is really good woth the +. I am going to change from regular to +. Excited about this phone for sure.
    02-23-2019 04:42 PM
    Thanks for a detailed write up..

Quick question. Is the band around the phone (silver / rose gold) Polished or matte ? Hard to tell from videos. Some videos show a nice polished look others show matte.

What was it ?
    02-23-2019 05:11 PM
    More a pink shade or a florescent orange color?
    02-23-2019 05:34 PM
45 12