the wireless charging of another device

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Iam using the same feature on my Mate 20 pro and it's really handy when u need it... I charge my Note 9 at times with my mate 20 pro reverse charging... Saved me many times

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would only use this feature to charge an accessory like ear buds. Another phone would take way too long.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah this is one of the features I'm most excited about, specifically because I can use it to charge my Galaxy Watch. I was already pretty happy that Samsung made a charging pad that can charge both a phone and a Galaxy Watch (basically it's the right half of the Duo). But this is even better. In principle I could go traveling with just a usb-C cable, and could charge my watch while my phone is charging.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm excited about this feature I have Gear S 3 watch. I thought about buying the duo charger but than didn't but now I saw a new version that said wireless fast charge 2.0 for the phone than regular fast charge for your watch. I kind of want that to use when I go out of town.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the charging speed.

Ok this all confuses me I know I read the phone will support so many watts of Qi wireless charging. My question was do the fast chargers we have now support that higher wattage but our phones just didn't go that high but these ones we have now will work with the new phones? well I know they'll work with the new phones but if there's going to be newer ones that are faster I'd rather have it.

Then I find out and see on Samsung's website there's a new duo charger and on the phone side says fast charge like all my wireless chargers I have at home except it said 2.0 on it. And then the side where your charge your watch just said fast charge. So now I'm assuming they're going to come out with other fast wireless charging pads and stands that say 2.0 fast charging. The guy at Best Buy said that's the new faster Wireless now 2.0. And I just bought a new charging stand from Samsung to keep next to my bed because my old one wasn't USB type-c. I should of waited.

Then I asked the guy at Best Buy about the charger that's going to come with our phone cuz the girl said it looked like a different type that plugs into the wall and he said It would be different because the phone supports quick charge 3.0 and the old is 2.0. My S9 plus charges pretty fast now but I have extra chargers we have a lot of extra wall plugs that are fast adaptive chargers. We got the dex for free with our Note 8 and I just use the extra charger we don't really use the dex.

But that was my other question which I don't know if it makes sense but I asked him if maybe the wall charger was going to be the same and maybe it just supported 3.0 the whole time but our phones didn't but he said no it'll probably be a different wall plug all together. But I read online it was going to be the same fast adaptive wall plug so I'm confused I don't know I guess I'll will wait till I get the phone and see.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah this is one of the features I'm most excited about, specifically because I can use it to charge my Galaxy Watch. I was already pretty happy that Samsung made a charging pad that can charge both a phone and a Galaxy Watch (basically it's the right half of the Duo). But this is even better. In principle I could go traveling with just a usb-C cable, and could charge my watch while my phone is charging.
I prefer the old stand that keeps the phone upright since I have no other wireless devices to charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech