Case thoughts? Professional woman (limited pockets)

marral

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm awaiting my S10, and am looking at case options. I'm a lawyer, with frequent court appearances. I use a tote bag, and an extremely small purse that fits inside. I'll often toss my phone into the tote, as women's designers are obtuse about the need for decent pockets.

I've never had a folio/wallet case, and wondered about the practicality. I don't often use the camera, but do all my scheduling in court on my Outlook app (average 2x per day). I rather like the looks of Snakehive.

Thoughts/suggestions/experience most appreciated! Btw, I've ordered the Flamingo Pink. Can't wait!

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
You might consider the Spigen Slim Armor CS, which is $16 on Amazon right now. It carries two cards in a slot in the back. So this allows for easy use of the phone without having to open anything.

Just remember to take the credit cards out before you use a wireless charger!

Vex77

Dec 21, 2019
Visit site
I'm awaiting my S10, and am looking at case options. I'm a lawyer, with frequent court appearances. I use a tote bag, and an extremely small purse that fits inside. I'll often toss my phone into the tote, as women's designers are obtuse about the need for decent pockets.

I've never had a folio/wallet case, and wondered about the practicality. I don't often use the camera, but do all my scheduling in court on my Outlook app (average 2x per day). I rather like the looks of Snakehive.

Thoughts/suggestions/experience most appreciated! Btw, I've ordered the Flamingo Pink. Can't wait!

Nope. All the noes. I bought one and was utterly disappointed. It is not fit for purpose for the following reasons: -
1 - it does not fold and hold when you're watching videos. You have to hold it in place.
2 - it is suede, not the style of leather one is lead to believe, it is a mark magnet and you can't clean it.
3 - the outside leather (suede) is not reverse-flexible, in that the spine buckles and puckers when you bend the case front backwards, always trying to force the phone case back open. This is odd as the inside leather has no such problem...is clearly a different leather.
4 - it won't fold back on itself for the same reason....feels like you're trying to fold a book back on itself.
5 - for this reason it is awkward to hold while using it for phone calls
6 - the magnet is too small and weak for the thickness of the cover, therefore keeps snapping open with the slightest knock.
7 - the leather thicknessakes the phone bulky and heavy.
8 - the leather outer case only matches the inner silicone case (which is rather high quality), therefore does not really protect the phone from drops and looks a bit tacky.
9 - it is clumsy to use.

For a hefty price I would want something that I can use with ease. The two $10 cheep Chinese folding covers are far better to use, though their silicone phone holder material is inferior to Snakehive's. And they're far more hardy.

In summary, do not waste your money. Unless you want a plush suede case and you don't wear moisturiser on your hands and you intend to keep it in a zip-lock bag to protect from marks.

Last edited:

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Here are a few options....costly but will be real leather at least:

Carson magnetic from Burkley Leather

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell is going on the forum posting here today, but it is not saving URL links and is even taking tinyurl or bitly links and sending them somewhere else. Go to Amazon and search Otterbox Strada galaxy s10 for another option.

If you give up on the leather folio cases for any reason, you should take a look at the wood cases from carved.com. Scroll down a bit to see the Walnut burl which I think would look sophisticated and unique. I have one of these for my s10 and I love the grippy sides. Fantastic case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463