08-21-2019 04:38 AM
123 1234 ...
tools
    Yeah, simplicity and non-tech savvy do go hand in hand. I suppose they need to get out of the states more and see why whatsapp is such a great app, lol.
    Yep. If Android or iPhone started using Whatsapp as the default then it would be the next biggest thing -- just has to be integrated easily like iMessage. I to this day am still shocked Google hasn't done it with their Android Messages app.
    Mushkie11 likes this.
    02-25-2019 03:02 PM
    Yep. If Android or iPhone started using Whatsapp as the default then it would be the next biggest thing -- just has to be integrated easily like iMessage. I to this day am still shocked Google hasn't done it with their Android Messages app.
    What the heck are they waiting for?!
    02-25-2019 03:05 PM
    What the heck are they waiting for?!
    Zero reason to do it -- especially for iPhone. Google is hooked on RCS but that depends on carriers who always drag their feet and Apple already has success w/ their iMessage.
    02-25-2019 03:06 PM
    Zero reason to do it -- especially for iPhone. Google is hooked on RCS but that depends on carriers who always drag their feet and Apple already has success w/ their iMessage.
    I think a ton of people would leave iOS if Google had implemented something that worked like iMessage
    02-25-2019 03:07 PM
    I think a ton of people would leave iOS if Google had implemented something that worked like iMessage
    I could definitely see a handful swapping but a lot of the "normal" people don't even know the difference.
    02-25-2019 03:08 PM
    I could definitely see a handful swapping but a lot of the "normal" people don't even know the difference.
    I guess it won't ever happen at this rate. Feel like it would have already
    02-25-2019 03:10 PM
    I guess it won't ever happen at this rate. Feel like it would have already
    I would say we have a better chance of iMessage coming to Android before Google thinks of something. Google can't get messaging right to save their lives lol :P.
    cdd543 and iSilas like this.
    02-25-2019 03:11 PM
    I would say we have a better chance of iMessage coming to Android before Google thinks of something. Google can't get messaging right to save their lives lol :P.
    Haha such a shame! And iMessage will never come to Android. If Apple allows that then their done.
    02-25-2019 03:14 PM
    Can you use imessage internationally??!?
    I used it in Mexico over wifi
    02-25-2019 03:20 PM
    Haha such a shame! And iMessage will never come to Android. If Apple allows that then their done.
    Even if iMessage came to Android I still wouldn’t switch.
    02-25-2019 03:44 PM
    Even if iMessage came to Android I still wouldn’t switch.
    Nothing wrong with sticking with what you like.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-25-2019 04:23 PM
    But that's what I'm saying... My brother and I use Android phones... my sisters both use iPhones. My wife used to use an iPhone. We have always communicated just fine. We all send gifs, texts, images and videos to each other without problems over either text or Facebook Messenger. The people I work with (I am on a distributed team) all use a mix of android and iPhones. We all communicate just fine. So I don't understand the fear I've seen expressed on the idea of leaving iMessage. No one on my team has ever said to me (or anyone else I'm aware of) "Oh, you have an Android? I have no way of sending something to you or talking to you."
    What is the Facebook messenger issue ? I use both iPhone and android and Facebook messenger works the same. Except for chat heads.
    02-25-2019 04:33 PM
    What is the Facebook messenger issue ? I use both iPhone and android and Facebook messenger works the same. Except for chat heads.
    Sometimes you lose quality sending pictures and videos
    02-25-2019 05:00 PM
    Oh I never noticed haha.
    02-25-2019 05:21 PM
    Il going from max to S10 plus but I only use WhatsApp
    02-25-2019 06:05 PM
    it's blue bubble snobbery. imessage users literally hate seeing green bubbles.
    Iphone user here. We literally don't give a crap about your green bubble against our blue one. It's this sort of blinkered ignorance that keeps the isheep vs Fandroids argument going, which let's face it, is tired and old now.

I also use a Galaxy S8+, before you label me as an iSheep.

The beauty of iMessage is the integration and the ease of use. An iPhone user doesn't need any other apps to communicate with people effortlessly. That's basically it.
    02-25-2019 06:49 PM
    What irritates me is my work phone is a s9+, and my boss has a tendency to want to use my personal phone which is a xs max at the moment to text me instead of my s9+ because she likes iMessage more. Whenever she starts to text me like that, I grab my work phone and just text her back on that one. I've told her to stop texting my personal phone, but she seems to not get it.

Definitely not true -- sure some people are like that but I could find some people that are ridiculous about anything lol. I have many green bubble friends and I am part of many green group messages without an issue. Try not to just group everyone together due to a few people who are ridiculous .
    libra89 likes this.
    02-25-2019 07:32 PM
    To answer the original question, if all your friends/family have iPhones and you trade alot of picts and video you might want to think twice. It's a pain. iPhone users see no reason to load WhatsApp (and essentially setup yet another information leak) just to communicate with you. Shared links suck, I don't care what anyone says. Not sure of the stats someone posted about Android users but in my world I can only name 1 other person that has an Adroid phone. Not one person at my office does, none of my family does, and none of my friends do. With wife and daughter I just set up WhatsApp to send more than one pict or videos. If you have level of influence, you may be fine.
    kimdushinski likes this.
    02-25-2019 08:05 PM
    I
    I honestly do not understand the iMessage thing. According to the most recent stats I could find, iOS has about 40% of the US Smartphone market vs about 60% for Android, so there are far more Android users than iPhone users. Why is everyone so paranoid about losing iMessage? More people should be using other messaging alternatives than are using iMessage, based on statistics. I know plenty of people in my family who have iPhones and we still manage to communicate just fine, either over Facebook Messenger or text. If you use iMessage do you just refuse to communicate with 60% of the country because they aren't using iMessage? I've never had an iPhone so I genuinely do not understand and am looking for some help here.
    In a perfect world sure people would use a diff platform but as an iPhone owner Imesaage is the stock messaging app so therefore everyone or always everyone u talk to uses it. It's simple. Effective. Easy to send videos and photos. It's just so good. It definitely will take getting used to but it will not hold me back from switching.
    02-25-2019 08:50 PM
    This. Would. Be. Incredible! Try getting my 68 year old mom to understand downloading whatsapp lol.
    02-25-2019 08:57 PM
    This. Would. Be. Incredible! Try getting my 68 year old mom to understand downloading whatsapp lol.
    Oh man that would be a challenge haha
    02-25-2019 09:07 PM
    Oh man that would be a challenge haha
    I just scrolled thru my messages just to see how many people I talk to on a daily basis have iMessage. There r 2 people I talk to on a normal business that are android users. Crazy.
    02-25-2019 09:13 PM
    My family and I use Signal.
    02-25-2019 09:21 PM
    If you send a video via text -- actual text (not Messenger or another app) it will be compressed to crap quality by the carrier.
    To be fair, MMS was never designed to handle the video demands of 2019 (let alone 2012).
    02-25-2019 09:31 PM
    i switch back and forth every year, and it sucks.. imessage will always be a thing and 90% of the people i know with iphones won’t use FB messenger or whatsapp.. me and my friend even go as far as uploading to youtube to share videos. if you can give up sending text videos you’ll be fine.
    I'm pretty sure my kids use that I message crap and they get videos from me in texts. But like all kids, they respond better with snap chat so I finally relented and got that too
    02-25-2019 09:36 PM
123 1234 ...