Pre-installed screen protector

uw

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most of the reviewers in the unboxing videos I've watched seem to think the pre-installed screen protector is just another packaging wrap. The reviewers should state it's a usable free screen protector. If they don't use it, fine, but at least correctly inform their viewers.

Once I get my phone, I'll probably replace the film protector with a tempered glass screen protector, but it's nice knowing that Samsung is including the extra accessory.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you can easily peel it off, it's the normal packaging protector, not a screen protector. A plastic screen protector takes at least a little digging with your nail, if not a knife blade, to get under it and start lifting it off. (And a glass rotector definitely needs more than a fingernail.)

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Played with the device at both Verizon and AT&T today. Both had the screen protector. It definitely seemed like more than a protective wrap. And would definitely take your fingernails to remove. It's thin, but seemed to integrate really well with the phone and didn't seem to change the overall feel of the experience. I'll be leaving it on when the phone arrives.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Most of the reviewers in the unboxing videos I've watched seem to think the pre-installed screen protector is just another packaging wrap. The reviewers should state it's a usable free screen protector. If they don't use it, fine, but at least correctly inform their viewers.

Once I get my phone, I'll probably replace the film protector with a tempered glass screen protector, but it's nice knowing that Samsung is including the extra accessory.

From what I understand the fingerprint sensor won't work with the tempered glass protectors.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Most tempered glass protectors suck, I don't see why it would be a deal breaker for s10

Exactly! Only the Whitestone one has been any good. All the other glass ones have distorted the screen. I know that going in. I’ll try and use to pre-i stalled one and if not I’ll just go without. I’m not confident that I can fit the Whitestone one and it costs a lot so I’m not going to take a chance on it.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
If there is indeed a screen protector (protective film) included with a hole for the FPS, I wouldn't expect much from it..

I'd Consider it training wheels to get used to the positioning of the FPS during setup. Definitely wouldn't leave it there during my usual day to day activities. Especially if there IS a hole in the middle.

I bit the bullet and got a Whitestone protector. Before this phone, I always went with Zagg. Kinda nervous

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie