03-24-2019 12:59 AM
91 123 ...
tools
    Most of the reviewers in the unboxing videos I've watched seem to think the pre-installed screen protector is just another packaging wrap. The reviewers should state it's a usable free screen protector. If they don't use it, fine, but at least correctly inform their viewers.

Once I get my phone, I'll probably replace the film protector with a tempered glass screen protector, but it's nice knowing that Samsung is including the extra accessory.
    avandie and petethecat like this.
    02-25-2019 11:11 AM
    If you can easily peel it off, it's the normal packaging protector, not a screen protector. A plastic screen protector takes at least a little digging with your nail, if not a knife blade, to get under it and start lifting it off. (And a glass rotector definitely needs more than a fingernail.)
    02-25-2019 12:55 PM
    Played with the device at both Verizon and AT&T today. Both had the screen protector. It definitely seemed like more than a protective wrap. And would definitely take your fingernails to remove. It's thin, but seemed to integrate really well with the phone and didn't seem to change the overall feel of the experience. I'll be leaving it on when the phone arrives.
    LilSweetLin, Rose4uKY and VidJunky like this.
    02-25-2019 03:54 PM
    Most of the reviewers in the unboxing videos I've watched seem to think the pre-installed screen protector is just another packaging wrap. The reviewers should state it's a usable free screen protector. If they don't use it, fine, but at least correctly inform their viewers.

Once I get my phone, I'll probably replace the film protector with a tempered glass screen protector, but it's nice knowing that Samsung is including the extra accessory.
    From what I understand the fingerprint sensor won't work with the tempered glass protectors.
    02-25-2019 04:08 PM
    From what I understand the fingerprint sensor won't work with the tempered glass protectors.
    I hear the Whitestone Dome glass screen protector works
    02-25-2019 04:15 PM
    In the review I saw, the preinstalled screen protector had a hole for the fingerprint sensor. @mysterygirl was this the case on the phone you saw?
    02-25-2019 04:16 PM
    I hear the Whitestone Dome glass screen protector works
    Are you positive? I wouldn't want to see you get anyone's hopes up.
    02-25-2019 04:21 PM
    Yes.
    02-25-2019 04:47 PM
    Factory installed screen protector out of the box:

https://community.samsungmembers.com...detail?id=1900
    felloffthetruck and avandie like this.
    02-25-2019 04:53 PM
    Just like oneplus
    02-25-2019 05:05 PM
    If whitestone doesn't work than I am out
    02-25-2019 05:31 PM
    Factory installed screen protector out of the box:

https://community.samsungmembers.com...detail?id=1900
    Thanks for the info!
    02-25-2019 06:22 PM
    Yes.
    Whitestone Dome glass screen protector should work via their video -
    02-25-2019 07:04 PM
    Lol...I said I heard that , not guaranteed
    02-25-2019 07:26 PM
    Lol...I said I heard that , not guaranteed
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=JWvBRmr4
    02-25-2019 07:29 PM
    Thank you ...guess rumors were correct
    02-25-2019 07:31 PM
    In the review I saw, the preinstalled screen protector had a hole for the fingerprint sensor. @mysterygirl was this the case on the phone you saw?
    No, there was no noticeable hole in the screen protectors on the two phones I saw today.
    shanghaichica and arunma like this.
    02-25-2019 07:41 PM
    If whitestone doesn't work than I am out
    Most tempered glass protectors suck, I don't see why it would be a deal breaker for s10
    02-25-2019 10:57 PM
    Most tempered glass protectors suck, I don't see why it would be a deal breaker for s10
    Exactly! Only the Whitestone one has been any good. All the other glass ones have distorted the screen. I know that going in. I’ll try and use to pre-i stalled one and if not I’ll just go without. I’m not confident that I can fit the Whitestone one and it costs a lot so I’m not going to take a chance on it.
    02-26-2019 03:00 AM
    If there is indeed a screen protector (protective film) included with a hole for the FPS, I wouldn't expect much from it..

I'd Consider it training wheels to get used to the positioning of the FPS during setup. Definitely wouldn't leave it there during my usual day to day activities. Especially if there IS a hole in the middle.

I bit the bullet and got a Whitestone protector. Before this phone, I always went with Zagg. Kinda nervous
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-26-2019 05:36 AM
    I have one that's been pretty good and it isn't an expensive brand. Hasn't scratched, chipped or cracked since October and it looks great.
    02-26-2019 06:28 AM
    I went back to have a look at the ones on display in a Carrier store (3) and they had the screen protector on and there was no hole.
    02-26-2019 07:54 AM
    No, there was no noticeable hole in the screen protectors on the two phones I saw today.
    Awesome! I hope they do this for all carrier versions.
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-26-2019 07:59 AM
    Buying direct from Samsung gets you a clear case and a protective film as per the website.

In the box

Galaxy S10 Series

Galaxy S10eDeviceData CableTravel AdapterEjection PinUSB Connector (OTG)Earphones sound by AKGQuick Start GuidePattern CoverProtective Film

Galaxy S10DeviceData CableTravel AdapterEjection PinUSB Connector (OTG)Earphones sound by AKGQuick Start GuideClear CoverProtective Film

Galaxy S10+DeviceData CableTravel AdapterEjection PinUSB Connector (OTG)Earphones sound by AKGQuick Start GuideClear CoverProtective Film
    02-26-2019 09:40 AM
    Buying direct from Samsung gets you a clear case and a protective film as per the website.

In the box

Galaxy S10 Series

Galaxy S10eDeviceData CableTravel AdapterEjection PinUSB Connector (OTG)Earphones sound by AKGQuick Start GuidePattern CoverProtective Film

Galaxy S10DeviceData CableTravel AdapterEjection PinUSB Connector (OTG)Earphones sound by AKGQuick Start GuideClear CoverProtective Film

Galaxy S10+DeviceData CableTravel AdapterEjection PinUSB Connector (OTG)Earphones sound by AKGQuick Start GuideClear CoverProtective Film
    It says clear cover protective film I don't think you get a case and protector? But I am hoping they all have the protector. Now I am upset I didn't look while in Best Buy. They didn't even have any cases yet. I am calling them back to ask. But yes whitestone is the only glass one that will work supposedly and is supposed to be very good. I will just keep what's on the phone.
    02-26-2019 10:36 AM
91 123 ...