The S10 comes with a free pair of AKG earbuds in the box!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nothing new, it's been like that for few years, they are just akg tuned whatever that means ....They are good for free earbuds that come in the box but nothing special.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
They're not the greatest. When they started including them with the phones, they gave them a $100 retail value, which is absolute nonsense. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch, but I've paid close to $200 for earbuds down to $30 for earbuds, and the quality of these is not worthy of excitement.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The AKG earbuds that came with my S8+ and S9+ were fine, with better sound quality than the old Samsung earbuds. But the ones that came with my Note 8 and Note 9 died after a few months. In both cases, on one side the sound volume diminished a lot, and sounded very faint and feeble, while the other bud was fine. Interestingly, this is also what used to consistently happen with the old Samsung earbuds. I'm aware that these earbuds are not sweat resistant and so I never worked out with them, and yet somehow this still happened. Very unimpressed with the AKG earbuds.

I will say though that the AKG NC60 Wireless headphones that came as a promo with my Note 9 were excellent in terms of both sound quality and noise cancelation, and I use them almost every day. So I agree that AKG is a high end brand. Unfortunately I think they put their lowest-quality tech into the earbuds that come with Samsung phones.

Hopefully it'll be better with the S10+ headphones (to whatever extent the earbuds are different from previous offerings). I guess at some level it doesn't matter since we're all getting free Galaxy Buds, but I do like the sound quality that you get from the 3.5 mm audio jack, and it's pretty convenient to carry around a pair of cheapo headphones that I don't feel bad about losing.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
They're not the greatest. When they started including them with the phones, they gave them a $100 retail value, which is absolute nonsense. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch, but I've paid close to $200 for earbuds down to $30 for earbuds, and the quality of these is not worthy of excitement.

I laughed out loud when I read them saying that. I have a pair of BeatsX I got for $75, and the Buds that came with the note 9 are trash in comparison.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I actually use my old iPhone headphones. I find them more comfortable than the AKG. I mostly use them at night when lying in bed so I don't wake my wife up.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had them with my note 8 and then S9 plus and they are comfy and sound good. I also have sown AKG headphones that came with my S9 plus and they sound really good. I have been using them for the past few weeks as the battery life on my AirPods isn’t holding up anymore. I can’t even use my AirPods for music playback any more because they sound so flat now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21