How to hide the front camera hole

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
It's easy enough, but turns the whole area into a huge black bar. I guess if you're really bothered by it, you can do it, but personally I plan to use black wallpapers and themes anywhere I can, so it won't be too much of an issue.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
This is very, very simple: don't make it black all the time. Leave it as the functional equivalent of the LG V10 "second screen". Put things up there next to the camera, things that the user can use. Notifications. Widgets. Whatever.

I fully expect Sammy to do this as it becomes more and more obvious.

And then we won't have to worry about every app developer having to deal with this on his own, AND we won't have to worry about the blogosphere--always desperate for eyeballs--using snarky comments such as, "A new menu will appear with a single item: Hide front camera. Toggle it on and you get the Galaxy S10 from hell." I really, really hate how people think they have to write.

I also really hate how the sheeple have chased after the whole no-bezel thing, acting as if bezels are the spawn of the devil. Good God. Grow up.

Same thing with "THE NOTCH!" Apple wants no bezels, so THEIR answer was to notch the screen out. It was clearly a compromise--but because Apple did it, the rest of the world tripped over itself, slobbering, to duplicate that as if it was a DESIRED choice.

Nobody thinks for himself anymore, I swear.