S10 Colors

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
The ceramic black is so, so dope. I had a hunch it would be after having seen the ceramic black Xiaomi Mi Mix series in ceramic black.

It just has this black-to-gun-metal-to-silver sheen that's hard to explain.

After having seen all the colors of the S10E, S10, and S10 Plus, this is how they rank for me:

1) Ceramic Black
2) Prism White (which I ordered)
3) Prism Black
4) Prism Green
5) Ceramic White
6) Flamingo Pink
7) Canary Yellow
8) Prism Blue

I typically prefer blue over both green and yellow in general as a color, but the prism green just seems a little nicer and more unique in this "prism" shade than the blue does.

Also, that flamingo pink is very much coral, and I'd say has more shades of orange than pink.

Finally, I think all of these are attractive. Samsung did a solid job with color options this time around in my opinion.

I would have liked red, but I don't mind getting the OEM red leather case to slap on occasionally, though I mostly rock the phone sans case.

Just some thoughts on the colors :). Which is your favorite? Which did you order? The answer to those questions isn't always the same, I've learned. A friend, for instance, preferred prism white but got prism black because "black looks better with skins on them."

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm a nut for blue, so it was Prism Blue for me. Still haven't seen one in person, but the pics and videos are promising enough for me.

Personally, I was just impressed that many colors were made available for launch/pre-order. I remember a lot of launches where its been black and white, maybe a silver, and then the rest of the colors were held back for later release.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I really like the green as well, but it is not available on my carrier (Verizon). Maybe Best Buy. There is time!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm a nut for blue, so it was Prism Blue for me. Still haven't seen one in person, but the pics and videos are promising enough for me.

Personally, I was just impressed that many colors were made available for launch/pre-order. I remember a lot of launches where its been black and white, maybe a silver, and then the rest of the colors were held back for later release.

I had the coral blue Note7 and S9, so I feel you on the blue! I really hope the extensive color options aren't just a one off for their 10th anniversary.

I'm actually surprised there's no gold option. If you would have told me there'd be 8 color options and none would be gold, I would have assumed Samsung dropped the ball. But no, they did everything I wanted in terms of fit and finish. I really wanted that camera housing to be black and for the metal chassis to be polished. Check and check!

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I really like the green as well, but it is not available on my carrier (Verizon). Maybe Best Buy. There is time!

Unfortunately the green isn't coming to the US at all at launch, as far as I know. So, don't feel so left out with your carrier. Samsung always adds one or two colors later in the year, so maybe that'll be green here in the US.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Ceramic white is my favorite, which of course is what I ordered.

I like that they gave the ceramic white version that slightly gold hue to the metal chassis, if I'm not mistaken. Every single color of this device is going to turn heads. It really is gorgeous, and I'm picky about tech aesthetics.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My husband is getting Prism White through Samsung and I had originally wanted it or the blue well actually I take that back I was going to get the green thought it was coming here. Didn't know about the pink at the time. But once I had to cancel my Samsung order and went to Best Buy I decided to try the Flamingo Pink. My ex co-worker had the Rose Gold 7 Edge I loved it my S9 Plus was the purple so I am hoping I like this one. Usually I always just did silver.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
If I had to rate them, I'd say:

Ceramic Black
Ceramic White
Prism Green
Flamingo Pink
Prism Blue
Prism White
Prism Black
Canary Yellow

Tops to the ceramics because it's just a more premium material.

Prism Green has this pretty blue color shift in different lighting, but it's not coming to the US.

Flamingo Pink, errr Coral is my choice, simply because it's different than the standard colors of blue, black and white. I like that the frame and trim of that phone is color matched to the glass. It's about as "loud" a color as I'll go as a female. As such, the Canary Yellow is a straight no.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Cool site that lets you get a good view of colors, compare, etc.

https://www.hotspot3d.com/

Very cool! The prism black looked more dark grey to me in person than it did black, if anyone is wondering. It looks a little more black on that website. And the ceramic black is just hard to explain. Definitely different than the prism black. The color shift was more noticeable when you change angles and it just looked more metallic.

Also, the ceramic white almost had an off-white hue to it, which is partly why I preferred the prism finish between the two white variants.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
If I had to rate them, I'd say:

Ceramic Black
Ceramic White
Prism Green
Flamingo Pink
Prism Blue
Prism White
Prism Black
Canary Yellow

Tops to the ceramics because it's just a more premium material.

Prism Green has this pretty blue color shift in different lighting, but it's not coming to the US.

Flamingo Pink, errr Coral is my choice, simply because it's different than the standard colors of blue, black and white. I like that the frame and trim of that phone is color matched to the glass. It's about as "loud" a color as I'll go as a female. As such, the Canary Yellow is a straight no.

You will not be disappointed in that coral. The metal chassis almost seems copper.

Definitely with you on how premium ceramic is. I picked the prism white over the ceramic white just because it was more of a true white with a nicer color shift at angles, while the ceramic was a bit more off-white than white. The goldish chassis on that bad boy is pretty sick though, a nice touch by Samsung.

We agree on that top ranking, that's for sure. That ceramic black is just... damn.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
You will not be disappointed in that coral. The metal chassis almost seems copper.

Definitely with you on how premium ceramic is. I picked the prism white over the ceramic white just because it was more of a true white with a nicer color shift at angles, while the ceramic was a bit more off-white than white. The goldish chassis on that bad boy is pretty sick though, a nice touch by Samsung.

We agree on that top ranking, that's for sure. That ceramic black is just... damn.

I wish the Ceramics were on display so I could get a better idea of the feel in hand. If I were able to see the Ceramic Black, perhaps my decision would more easily made. I agree, though, the Ceramic White seems like more of a cream colored off- white than solid bright white.

Maybe it was the lighting in the stores I was in, but the Prism White came off dull to me, despite the pink and blue color shift. I prefer the old days of Samsung's bright white phones.

I love how sleek anything Gun Metal looks, so if the Ceramic Black gives a close impression of that, it must be sick.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I wish the Ceramics were on display so I could get a better idea of the feel in hand. If I were able to see the Ceramic Black, perhaps my decision would more easily made. I agree, though, the Ceramic White seems like more of a cream colored off- white than solid bright white.

Maybe it was the lighting in the stores I was in, but the Prism White came off dull to me, despite the pink and blue color shift. I prefer the old days of Samsung's bright white phones.

I love how sleek anything Gun Metal looks, so if the Ceramic Black gives a close impression of that, it must be sick.

To elaborate on what you said - it's hard for any color to look precise when these phones are made of glass, the way the light reflects off them, which is why I decided to go with the prism black. I do like the white - but I keep hearing it has a pinkish hue at certain angles, rainbow effect. I see a lot of people like the prism white - but I wonder if a lot of them will change their mind when they see it in person.

SamsungAlways

Feb 28, 2019
Visit site
Went to Samsung Shop, compare the available colours on shelves and got attracted with the Prism White. Am ordering Prism White for my S10 Plus. No looking back now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca