Recommendation for a sd card?

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a 64GB sd card from s9 plus and I'm running out of space quickly. I need one that is decent price, really good quality,and the biggest I can get because I'll have the s10 plus sometime this week.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine is a Sandisk Ultra A1 I got back on Black Friday is that a good one? I thought about giving it to my husband and getting another EVO plus which is what's in my 9 plus in a 64 gig. I heard EVO Plus is better I don't know and I see so many different EVO ones.

Last edited:

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got a 64GB sd card from s9 plus and I'm running out of space quickly. I need one that is decent price, really good quality,and the biggest I can get because I'll have the s10 plus sometime this week.

What capacity & speed do you want, and how much are you willing to spend? I'd recommend the Samsung Evo Plus (red) or Evo Select (green) - the only difference is that the Select is exclusive to Amazon. The Sandisk Ultra is also a good card. I'd avoid Ebay (fakes & ripoffs) and either buy from Amazon from a trusted vendor or in person at a store.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine is a Sandisk Ultra A1 I got back on Black Friday is that a good one? I thought about giving it to my husband and getting another EVO plus which what's in my 9 plus in a 64 gig. I heard EVO Plus is better I don't know and I see so many different EVO ones.

You probably want Evo Plus or Evo Select if you're staying with Samsung cards (see my other post in this thread). The Extreme cards are probably overpriced and overkill, especially if you're mostly taking pictures and the occasional video. You may want to see what's on sale before you buy.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What capacity & speed do you want, and how much are you willing to spend? I'd recommend the Samsung Evo Plus (red) or Evo Select (green) - the only difference is that the Select is exclusive to Amazon. The Sandisk Ultra is also a good card. I'd avoid Ebay (fakes & ripoffs) and either buy from Amazon from a trusted vendor or in person at a store.
I've read reviews on Amazon about the evo select card that the cards weren't being recognized by their computers and others said they were counterfeit.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd love a 1 TB card (maybe Android Central could have a contest giving one away?).

I just bought a Samsung Evo Plus 512 GB card. I'm going to back up my S9+ on it using Smart Switch, & restore on the S10+.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I record/take numerous videos and pictures (QHD videos). Don't know much about sd card speed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SanDisk invented the technology (and is so good that when Samsung messed up the S3, so it ate SD cards, SanDisk modified their cards so that wouldn't happen).

They have a live chat at SanDisk microSD Tech Support if you ever do have a problem (in about 27 years of using their cards, the only "problem" I've ever had was snapping one in half due to carelessness - I still have cards rated in MB that still work). And if you have any problem, the shortest warranty (on their cheapest cards) is 5 years.

Are they cheap? No. You pay for quality. But they're good.

If you want to record 4k video, you need a U3 card, otherwise a U1 card is faster than the phone.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is a Sandisk Ultra A1 I got back on Black Friday is that a good one? I thought about giving it to my husband and getting another EVO plus which what's in my 9 plus in a 64 gig. I heard EVO Plus is better I don't know and I see so many different EVO ones.

Those Ultra A1 cards are perfectly well suited for the majority of what you want to do on a cell phone. I've been using a 128GB on my S9+ for a year with no issues. I've used EVO in the past, and I have no specific complaints, but neither did I find them to be notably superior. The 200GB San Disk is available on Amazon right now for $36.49 and that's a good price (although it was on sale a couple of days ago for a ridiculously low $29.21). The only caveat with those cards is 4K video recording straight to the card, which may (probably) produce poor results. I don't record in 4K, so it's not a concern for me.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You probably want Evo Plus or Evo Select if you're staying with Samsung cards (see my other post in this thread). The Extreme cards are probably overpriced and overkill, especially if you're mostly taking pictures and the occasional video. You may want to see what's on sale before you buy.

I do a lot of video and lots of pictures. Maybe I'll get the EVO and give my husband my Sandisk still deciding.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Those Ultra A1 cards are perfectly well suited for the majority of what you want to do on a cell phone. I've been using a 128GB on my S9+ for a year with no issues. I've used EVO in the past, and I have no specific complaints, but neither did I find them to be notably superior. The 200GB San Disk is available on Amazon right now for $36.49 and that's a good price (although it was on sale a couple of days ago for a ridiculously low $29.21). The only caveat with those cards is 4K video recording straight to the card, which may (probably) produce poor results. I don't record in 4K, so it's not a concern for me.

I probably wont be recording in 4K. I know on my phone now the 9 plus the video setting got set to the highest and I didn't know it and that was why my phone got so full so quick. I fixed it but now my 64 card is full again. I am getting ready to dump it on my PC here in a bit cause my phone is full too now.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
What the difference between the two? I heard there are counterfeits on Amazon from reading reviews.
10785462c638cfcaaeeb5c980842ccfc.jpg
ada683566b38d77675e2ca59fb442e56.jpg

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
SanDisk invented the technology (and is so good that when Samsung messed up the S3, so it ate SD cards, SanDisk modified their cards so that wouldn't happen).

They have a live chat at SanDisk microSD Tech Support if you ever do have a problem (in about 27 years of using their cards, the only "problem" I've ever had was snapping one in half due to carelessness - I still have cards rated in MB that still work). And if you have any problem, the shortest warranty (on their cheapest cards) is 5 years.

Are they cheap? No. You pay for quality. But they're good.

If you want to record 4k video, you need a U3 card, otherwise a U1 card is faster than the phone.

SanDisk from the 90s and early 2000's sure, I'd agree with you. Today, not so much.

WD bought them about 3 years ago. These days, most SanDisk flash is rebranded Toshiba semi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463