Bloatware

soundchasr

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got the S10 from Verizon. For the S9, Samsung offered backup/restore and spam blocking for free. Now, both are gone and Verizon has inserted their fee based options which not only cost more than FREE but also suck. Thanks, Verizon. I want the Samsung stuff back...

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the unlocked version and it has facebook on it and will not let me delete it!! I dont like crap book, I dont want it on my phone, I paid 1000$ for something I cant control whats on it, thats what is really issing me off...this is the first time (this is first unlocked phone) I have not been able to delete that crappy app.

thats why you order the unlocked version, i will never buy a android from a carrier again

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got the S10 from Verizon. For the S9, Samsung offered backup/restore and spam blocking for free. Now, both are gone and Verizon has inserted their fee based options which not only cost more than FREE but also suck. Thanks, Verizon. I want the Samsung stuff back...

Their spam app stuff is supposed to be good.

Sometime this month the fee based one will be free so that's a plus.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm just trying to figure out where people think the "bloatware" line is. Apparently, people will declare that what THEY don't want on a phone is, by definition, "bloatware".

The term "bloatware" has been stretched into meaninglessness.

Apps that are not needed by the user because they have an app that they prefer over the app that cannot be removed and still shows up in things like sharing items. Example is the factory email app that I've never used. Another is redundant ones like the factory sms and Verizon's Message +, both do overlapping things but neither can be removed. Package Disabler was fine until I had to reinstall it and that requires a third purchase because the developer won't honor my previous purchases

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
My only gripe with Samsung on this phone is that I can't disable their apps but if you are going to use them, really there isn't much that's too bad. My previous phones didn't let me uninstall but I could at least disable. Unfortunately Samsung really doesn't allow it. I would love to kill - contacts, email, messages, internet, gallery, calendar and every single trace of Bixby... but I just turn every permission I can find off and pretend they are not there.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Apps that are not needed by the user because they have an app that they prefer over the app that cannot be removed and still shows up in things like sharing items. Example is the factory email app that I've never used. Another is redundant ones like the factory sms and Verizon's Message +, both do overlapping things but neither can be removed. Package Disabler was fine until I had to reinstall it and that requires a third purchase because the developer won't honor my previous purchases

Attachments

• 18039.jpg
    18039.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 30

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It fails to install even though it is in my list of apps in the play store. I'll live with the bloat since I just bought the app last year and the developer won't stand behind the purchase. Not buying again

Owh you mean its there but fails to install?i could install but fails to verify.i wanted to purchase it again but the people in the reviews says that it doesnt work.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm... So i tried buying PD and it works...

I have a tip. Before disabling from PD. Make sure all apps are ENABLED in settings.

Then DISABLE it via PD.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190412-174623_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-174623_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20190412-174627_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20190412-174627_Package Disabler Pro.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members