This probably doesn't matter much because our phones are starting to ship, but my Note 9 got the Android Pie update last night, and I now have OneUI. It's pretty nice. There's now an OS-based Night Mode so I don't have to enable and disable this separately on each of the apps that I use. Samsung DeX looks a bit nicer aesthetically too. There is now an option in the always on display to show the clock only when you tap on the screen. I was hoping that they'd have fixed that time zone bug in Samsung Health where food calories added from a Galaxy Watch are timestamped with UTC (so basically you can't calories after 6 PM if you're in CST, as it will confuse the heck out of your phone). But all-in-all this seems like a good preview of what we can hope for out of the S10.

Anything else in this update that I'm missing?
    03-03-2019 11:23 AM
    Curious...does the Night Mode work with the Gmail app, or is it still solid bright white regardless? Google hasn't seemed interested in adding a bulit-in dark mode for the app.
    03-03-2019 01:54 PM
    Curious...does the Night Mode work with the Gmail app, or is it still solid bright white regardless? Google hasn't seemed interested in adding a bulit-in dark mode for the app.
    think it’s just samsung apps.
    03-03-2019 01:56 PM
    And it strangely doesn't darken the desktop. I feel like that would have been useful.
    03-03-2019 02:11 PM
    And it strangely doesn't darken the desktop. I feel like that would have been useful.
    Samsung browser looks good in dark mode and do like you can schedule it
    03-03-2019 02:57 PM
    figured that was probably the case.
    03-03-2019 03:40 PM
    I just got pie a week or so ago, I like how certain notifications it lights up around your screen.
    03-03-2019 10:07 PM
    This probably doesn't matter much because our phones are starting to ship, but my Note 9 got the Android Pie update last night, and I now have OneUI. It's pretty nice. There's now an OS-based Night Mode so I don't have to enable and disable this separately on each of the apps that I use. Samsung DeX looks a bit nicer aesthetically too. There is now an option in the always on display to show the clock only when you tap on the screen. I was hoping that they'd have fixed that time zone bug in Samsung Health where food calories added from a Galaxy Watch are timestamped with UTC (so basically you can't calories after 6 PM if you're in CST, as it will confuse the heck out of your phone). But all-in-all this seems like a good preview of what we can hope for out of the S10.

Anything else in this update that I'm missing?
    Not really. The gestures are neat and the new recents system isn't half bad.

Personally, I'm not a fan, but I am not diehard enough to go back to Oreo.
    03-04-2019 02:09 PM