When is the best time to buy the S10+?

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Straightforward title, but not a straightforward answer. I make it a point never to be an early adopter of any phone that I'm interested in. I tend to wait until the first couple of early batches have cycled through. I know part of it is the luck of the draw, but I want to be sure any kinks are ironed out before I buy; not to mention an inevitable price drop. So, how long should I wait?

For reference, I'm currently using my almost three year old Nexus 6P that I bought sealed, off of Swappa. It still runs adequately, but the replacement battery in it is starting to show it's age. And frankly, I'm honestly so bored by stock Android at this point.

I did have a V30 for all of two weeks last year, and while I absolutely loved the quad DAC as well as the battery life, LG's radios were trash for me; the UI is dated and ugly, and compared to Samsung, LG's theme store has a miserable pittance of options. I haven't had a Samsung phone since the S3 I9300 (secondhand, which I hated), so even though I'm a bit wary, the fact that I'm willing to try again is something. Thoughts?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wait for the S11 release and you'll get S10 at a good price ;-)

Sounds like the OP is looking to get sooner than later because the battery life on their current phone is diminishing as they mentioned. Waiting a year for the next S series model release to cause a drop isn't realistic.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Straightforward title, but not a straightforward answer. I make it a point never to be an early adopter of any phone that I'm interested in. I tend to wait until the first couple of early batches have cycled through. I know part of it is the luck of the draw, but I want to be sure any kinks are ironed out before I buy; not to mention an inevitable price drop. So, how long should I wait?

For reference, I'm currently using my almost three year old Nexus 6P that I bought sealed, off of Swappa. It still runs adequately, but the replacement battery in it is starting to show it's age. And frankly, I'm honestly so bored by stock Android at this point.

I did have a V30 for all of two weeks last year, and while I absolutely loved the quad DAC as well as the battery life, LG's radios were trash for me; the UI is dated and ugly, and compared to Samsung, LG's theme store has a miserable pittance of options. I haven't had a Samsung phone since the S3 I9300 (secondhand, which I hated), so even though I'm a bit wary, the fact that I'm willing to try again is something. Thoughts?

I would say a couple of months if you're only waiting for issues to clear. If price drop is a bigger factor there are a lot a variables that impact that not excluding how well preorders do.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I would say a couple of months if you're only waiting for issues to clear. If price drop is a bigger factor there are a lot a variables that impact that not excluding how well preorders do.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. That seems like a fair amount to wait. Based on early reviews, everyone seems to be pleased to thus far, so it's just an extra precaution on my part.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Look at you posting online and not expecting a smart donkey response... LOL ;)

Based on past releases you will see small discounts within a month or two, but it does all depend on supply and demand. Bigger discounts further out. If you really want to save money get a used S9 off Swappa right after release and then upgrade to this phone when the Note drops.

I would do that but I am not smart. Trading in my Pixel XL 3 :D

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Look at you posting online and not expecting a smart donkey response... LOL ;)

Based on past releases you will see small discounts within a month or two, but it does all depend on supply and demand. Bigger discounts further out. If you really want to save money get a used S9 off Swappa right after release and then upgrade to this phone when the Note drops.

I would do that but I am not smart. Trading in my Pixel XL 3 :D

Another one buckles at the thought of owning a shiny new toy 🤣

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like the OP is looking to get sooner than later because the battery life on their current phone is diminishing as they mentioned. Waiting a year for the next S series model release to cause a drop isn't realistic.

Haha yes, I made that comment tongue in cheek Mike, but if you're thrifty, last year's models would be well priced now I imagine..