Straightforward title, but not a straightforward answer. I make it a point never to be an early adopter of any phone that I'm interested in. I tend to wait until the first couple of early batches have cycled through. I know part of it is the luck of the draw, but I want to be sure any kinks are ironed out before I buy; not to mention an inevitable price drop. So, how long should I wait?

For reference, I'm currently using my almost three year old Nexus 6P that I bought sealed, off of Swappa. It still runs adequately, but the replacement battery in it is starting to show it's age. And frankly, I'm honestly so bored by stock Android at this point.

I did have a V30 for all of two weeks last year, and while I absolutely loved the quad DAC as well as the battery life, LG's radios were trash for me; the UI is dated and ugly, and compared to Samsung, LG's theme store has a miserable pittance of options. I haven't had a Samsung phone since the S3 I9300 (secondhand, which I hated), so even though I'm a bit wary, the fact that I'm willing to try again is something. Thoughts?
    03-03-2019 09:53 PM
    Wait for the S11 release and you'll get S10 at a good price ;-)
    03-03-2019 10:28 PM
    haha. I was going to say exactly the same thing.
    Tim1954 likes this.
    03-04-2019 01:38 PM
    They'll probably start reducing the price around the note 10 release.
    03-04-2019 02:32 PM
    They'll probably start reducing the price around the note 10 release.
    Thanks for the actual response, as I wasn't looking for anyone to be a smartass.
    03-04-2019 03:19 PM
    Sounds like the OP is looking to get sooner than later because the battery life on their current phone is diminishing as they mentioned. Waiting a year for the next S series model release to cause a drop isn't realistic.
    03-05-2019 04:21 PM
    Straightforward title, but not a straightforward answer. I make it a point never to be an early adopter of any phone that I'm interested in. I tend to wait until the first couple of early batches have cycled through. I know part of it is the luck of the draw, but I want to be sure any kinks are ironed out before I buy; not to mention an inevitable price drop. So, how long should I wait?

For reference, I'm currently using my almost three year old Nexus 6P that I bought sealed, off of Swappa. It still runs adequately, but the replacement battery in it is starting to show it's age. And frankly, I'm honestly so bored by stock Android at this point.

I did have a V30 for all of two weeks last year, and while I absolutely loved the quad DAC as well as the battery life, LG's radios were trash for me; the UI is dated and ugly, and compared to Samsung, LG's theme store has a miserable pittance of options. I haven't had a Samsung phone since the S3 I9300 (secondhand, which I hated), so even though I'm a bit wary, the fact that I'm willing to try again is something. Thoughts?
    I would say a couple of months if you're only waiting for issues to clear. If price drop is a bigger factor there are a lot a variables that impact that not excluding how well preorders do.
    03-05-2019 04:25 PM
    I would say a couple of months if you're only waiting for issues to clear. If price drop is a bigger factor there are a lot a variables that impact that not excluding how well preorders do.
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. That seems like a fair amount to wait. Based on early reviews, everyone seems to be pleased to thus far, so it's just an extra precaution on my part.
    03-05-2019 04:32 PM
    Look at you posting online and not expecting a smart donkey response... LOL

Based on past releases you will see small discounts within a month or two, but it does all depend on supply and demand. Bigger discounts further out. If you really want to save money get a used S9 off Swappa right after release and then upgrade to this phone when the Note drops.

I would do that but I am not smart. Trading in my Pixel XL 3
    03-05-2019 04:45 PM
    You already have the answer to your question. You're not a early adopter. You should be looking at something like the s9 series now
    03-05-2019 04:46 PM
    Look at you posting online and not expecting a smart donkey response... LOL

Based on past releases you will see small discounts within a month or two, but it does all depend on supply and demand. Bigger discounts further out. If you really want to save money get a used S9 off Swappa right after release and then upgrade to this phone when the Note drops.

I would do that but I am not smart. Trading in my Pixel XL 3
    Another one buckles at the thought of owning a shiny new toy 🤣
    03-05-2019 04:48 PM
    Another one buckles at the thought of owning a shiny new toy
    That is my life!!!
    03-05-2019 05:02 PM
    Sounds like the OP is looking to get sooner than later because the battery life on their current phone is diminishing as they mentioned. Waiting a year for the next S series model release to cause a drop isn't realistic.
    Haha yes, I made that comment tongue in cheek Mike, but if you're thrifty, last year's models would be well priced now I imagine..
    03-05-2019 05:08 PM
    Another one buckles at the thought of owning a shiny new toy ������
    Sadly this me too. I wish it wasn't but I musssst have the shiniessssss.
    03-05-2019 05:29 PM
    They'll be on sale in May or June. You'd be better off waiting until then.
    03-05-2019 07:36 PM
    They'll be on sale in May or June. You'd be better off waiting until then.
    That's the plan. I have Swappa bookmarked. Thanks.
    03-05-2019 08:08 PM