05-21-2019 11:49 PM
1,071 1234 ...
tools
    People like to complain about things. If it doesn't work as they think it should, then it's crap. Some have literally had the phone for a day. It often takes time to get used to something different.
    I here you. I can't wait to test it out for myself.
    gendo667 likes this.
    03-06-2019 04:09 PM
    It's a POS. How unsecure is face unlock ? Glad someone took off the screen protector off to try it , thanks bud. I hope it gets better with software updates.
    03-06-2019 04:15 PM
    People like to complain about things. If it doesn't work as they think it should, then it's crap. Some have literally had the phone for a day. It often takes time to get used to something different.
    I don't see anyone here throwing a tantrum or anything. For me it just doesn't work nearly as well as traditional FPS's. I personally don't care that much, as I mostly just use Smart Unlock anyway.
    Jesus Delgadillo likes this.
    03-06-2019 04:28 PM
    They mean that you should register your thumb as 'finger 1', then register it again as 'finger 2'. You can register up to four fingers, so you could register your thumb twice more if you wanted.
    THIS... I was so frustrated until I read this. Thank you. I had already decided to just use swipe instead of the FPS. Recognizes my FP much quicker now. Thanks again.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    03-06-2019 04:45 PM
    It is much better for me after having my thumb registered twice. Still feels like a downgrade from the FPS of the S9+ and Note 9 but I'll give it time and see if I get used to it.
    03-06-2019 05:12 PM
    The in screen fingerprint isn't intended to be as fast or faster. It's there to make a more streamlined looking device. Many op6 users who didn't upgrade to the op6t because they preferred the faster scanner on the back. That's a personal choice. I had the op6t and I loved not having a physical scanner.
    03-06-2019 05:57 PM
    It's a POS. How unsecure is face unlock ? Glad someone took off the screen protector off to try it , thanks bud. I hope it gets better with software updates.
    Not sure how secure it is but there is a setting to make it quicker/ less secure and it's on by default. So make sure to turn that off.
    AS7Edge likes this.
    03-06-2019 06:06 PM
    Not gonna lie I thought it would be better, but it works and its secure. I have fps and facial scan on so I can unlock quickly with face unlock and use the fps for Samsung pay and banking apps.
    03-06-2019 06:08 PM
    Not sure how secure it is but there is a setting to make it quicker/ less secure and it's on by default. So make sure to turn that off.
    Where is that setting located?
    03-06-2019 06:12 PM
    It was under the security settings where you set up your face unlock.
    WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
    03-06-2019 06:14 PM
    This is going to be Note 7 2.0 for Samsung.
    03-06-2019 06:15 PM
    I have the Oneplus 6T that has the optical in screen scanner and there is a learning curve but it works fine 80% of the time. I report back on my S10 plus just haven't settled down to open the box
    03-06-2019 06:24 PM
    Well, this is a big reason I'm upgrading to this phone. If it truly doesn't work great I might just cancel the order.
    03-06-2019 06:39 PM
    I think everyone needs to take it easy. There is a learning curve for sure. But also give Samsung some time to send more updates. The phone isn't technically even out yet and people are screaming that the sky is falling lol.
    03-06-2019 06:43 PM
    The in screen fingerprint isn't intended to be as fast or faster. It's there to make a more streamlined looking device. Many op6 users who didn't upgrade to the op6t because they preferred the faster scanner on the back. That's a personal choice. I had the op6t and I loved not having a physical scanner.
    So what you're saying is Samsung intentionally made the user experience worse?

I'm all for technological progress....but not necessarily at the expense of overall user experience.
    03-06-2019 06:47 PM
    I think everyone needs to take it easy. There is a learning curve for sure. But also give Samsung some time to send more updates. The phone isn't technically even out yet and people are screaming that the sky is falling lol.
    The only thing that should need to be learned in this case is where to put your finger. The accuracy, speed, etc, should all be the same as any other device with an FPS. If it's not, then maybe the technology really wasn't ready.
    tadpoles likes this.
    03-06-2019 06:48 PM
    First generation features are sometimes not great experiences. I'm thinking of cancelling, I still have time.
    03-06-2019 06:58 PM
    I have tapped this sensor maybe 500 times today and about 490 of them it didn't work. Either I have a lemon or messed up fingers. I've pressed it with all types of pressure and moving it around all over the area. My LG V30 sensor worked flawlessly and instantly over 99% of the time, not to mention it has the best keyboard ever (Swype). I would go back to the V30 today except it's Verizon and my S10+ is Sprint. I'll only buy unlocked from now on. Maybe the Sprint store will have some advice this weekend.
    03-06-2019 07:07 PM
    It was under the security settings where you set up your face unlock.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c2e4900bd7.jpg
    That only applies to the face unlock feature, not the FPS. Or at least that's my reading of this.
    03-06-2019 07:11 PM
    my fps is good - it takes time! Give it more than a freaking day guys! ha. I haven't got the update yet but mine works as it should. Yes, not every time but I just got the thing 2 hours ago. I love it so far! Phone is BEAUTIFUL. PRISM WHITE S10+ just entered the chat.
    EMGSM and scottishlassy like this.
    03-06-2019 07:11 PM
    my fps is good - it takes time! Give it more than a freaking day guys! ha. I haven't got the update yet but mine works as it should. Yes, not every time but I just got the thing 2 hours ago. I love it so far! Phone is BEAUTIFUL. PRISM WHITE S10+ just entered the chat.
    Problem is, the FPS on the s9, note phones work 100% of the time right away. Anything less is backwards IMO.
    Kevin OQuinn and tadpoles like this.
    03-06-2019 07:18 PM
    Got T-Mobile's Update

Hold Longer, Press harder, Not Recognized...Not impressed at all so far.
    03-06-2019 07:21 PM
    Does the scanner add data everytime a user unlocks the phone, so that the sensor also records areas of the finger that weren’t registered in the initial fingerprint setup stage?
    DLIVINGS likes this.
    03-06-2019 07:22 PM
    While I am all for not making rash judgements something like this could be a potential issue since this is the main way people unlock their devices everyday. I would hope if anything it is a possible software bug and not a hardware issue causing the problem since that could be fixed.
    03-06-2019 07:25 PM
    The FPS works fine to me. The only issue I have is remembering the correct spot to place my finger. It's going to take a bit of practice.
    DLIVINGS and aggie like this.
    03-06-2019 07:27 PM
1,071 1234 ...