Fingerprint Scanner Not Working Well

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I hope we get more positive feedback as people start getting their phones. Please don't turn into some sort of FPS-Gate.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I already took the screen protector off and it really didn't make much different although it is getting better with practice. i'm up to about 80% success rate. I've probably tried it over 100 times already.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I hope we get more positive feedback as people start getting their phones. Please don't turn into some sort of FPS-Gate.

People like to complain about things. If it doesn't work as they think it should, then it's crap. Some have literally had the phone for a day. It often takes time to get used to something different.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
At first I couldn't get it to work. But I wasn't applying much pressure. I'm starting to get the hang of it now. If you click it like a button it seems to work better. At least for me anyway. I apply pressure like I'm clicking the home button on my note 9.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
People like to complain about things. If it doesn't work as they think it should, then it's crap. Some have literally had the phone for a day. It often takes time to get used to something different.

I here you. I can't wait to test it out for myself.

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
It's a POS. How unsecure is face unlock ? Glad someone took off the screen protector off to try it , thanks bud. I hope it gets better with software updates.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

I don't see anyone here throwing a tantrum or anything. For me it just doesn't work nearly as well as traditional FPS's. I personally don't care that much, as I mostly just use Smart Unlock anyway.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
They mean that you should register your thumb as 'finger 1', then register it again as 'finger 2'. You can register up to four fingers, so you could register your thumb twice more if you wanted.

THIS... I was so frustrated until I read this. Thank you. I had already decided to just use swipe instead of the FPS. Recognizes my FP much quicker now. Thanks again.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It is much better for me after having my thumb registered twice. Still feels like a downgrade from the FPS of the S9+ and Note 9 but I'll give it time and see if I get used to it.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The in screen fingerprint isn't intended to be as fast or faster. It's there to make a more streamlined looking device. Many op6 users who didn't upgrade to the op6t because they preferred the faster scanner on the back. That's a personal choice. I had the op6t and I loved not having a physical scanner.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's a POS. How unsecure is face unlock ? Glad someone took off the screen protector off to try it , thanks bud. I hope it gets better with software updates.
Not sure how secure it is but there is a setting to make it quicker/ less secure and it's on by default. So make sure to turn that off.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Not gonna lie I thought it would be better, but it works and its secure. I have fps and facial scan on so I can unlock quickly with face unlock and use the fps for Samsung pay and banking apps.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It was under the security settings where you set up your face unlock.
2821c70093ee73cf1f2dfcc2e4900bd7.jpg

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the Oneplus 6T that has the optical in screen scanner and there is a learning curve but it works fine 80% of the time. I report back on my S10 plus just haven't settled down to open the box

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is a big reason I'm upgrading to this phone. If it truly doesn't work great I might just cancel the order.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I think everyone needs to take it easy. There is a learning curve for sure. But also give Samsung some time to send more updates. The phone isn't technically even out yet and people are screaming that the sky is falling lol.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The in screen fingerprint isn't intended to be as fast or faster. It's there to make a more streamlined looking device. Many op6 users who didn't upgrade to the op6t because they preferred the faster scanner on the back. That's a personal choice. I had the op6t and I loved not having a physical scanner.

So what you're saying is Samsung intentionally made the user experience worse?

I'm all for technological progress....but not necessarily at the expense of overall user experience.