Fingerprint Scanner Not Working Well

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My FPS was working pretty well but I ordered the whitestone dome screen protector because somehow the one that was on there got pretty scratched up. The whitestone feels great, looks great, but even after re-registering my fingerprints, the FPS doesn't work worth a damn now.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My FPS was working pretty well but I ordered the whitestone dome screen protector because somehow the one that was on there got pretty scratched up. The whitestone feels great, looks great, but even after re-registering my fingerprints, the FPS doesn't work worth a damn now.

Did you enable touch sensitivity?

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you enable touch sensitivity?

I did. I'd had it enabled previously and went back to double check that it still was, and unfortunately it was, so that's not the problem. I redid my fingerprints again and it is working better, but so far not as consistently as it was before. I'm hoping that it's just me needing to relearn a slightly different way to do it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Keep us posted, I'm going to get the Done screen protector also hope it's not a issue. I was watching Flossy YouTube and he installed the Dome and no issues.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted, I'm going to get the Done screen protector also hope it's not a issue. I was watching Flossy YouTube and he installed the Dome and no issues.

So today unfortunately, my phone fell on the floor at school (I'm a teacher). It was on my table/desk. I don't know if a kid bumped it or not. Anyway, the corner is cracked. It's in a case, but there's not much of a lip, and I think it just fell right. After peeling away a little of the screen protector, I don't think the phone screen itself is cracked. Very thankful I got that Whitestone Dome screen protector put on last night. I don't think the Samsung one would have protected it. I immediately ordered the double pack (shoulda done that in the first place), and noticed that Amazon had an installation video on the order page. It may have been there before and I didn't notice it. Maybe the directions with the screen protector said this, but I didn't see it, and none of the other videos I'd watched had shown this step, but the video on Amazon tells you to put your finger on the fingerprint sensor for one minute after the first curing step. Then do the final curing after that. I think the video is by Whitestone, btw. Anyway, I wonder if that step would've made a difference in how well the FPS would work. Unfortunately, I'll be able to find out, lol. I would've preferred not cracking my $50 screen protector.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So today unfortunately, my phone fell on the floor at school (I'm a teacher). It was on my table/desk. I don't know if a kid bumped it or not. Anyway, the corner is cracked. It's in a case, but there's not much of a lip, and I think it just fell right. After peeling away a little of the screen protector, I don't think the phone screen itself is cracked. Very thankful I got that Whitestone Dome screen protector put on last night. I don't think the Samsung one would have protected it. I immediately ordered the double pack (shoulda done that in the first place), and noticed that Amazon had an installation video on the order page. It may have been there before and I didn't notice it. Maybe the directions with the screen protector said this, but I didn't see it, and none of the other videos I'd watched had shown this step, but the video on Amazon tells you to put your finger on the fingerprint sensor for one minute after the first curing step. Then do the final curing after that. I think the video is by Whitestone, btw. Anyway, I wonder if that step would've made a difference in how well the FPS would work. Unfortunately, I'll be able to find out, lol. I would've preferred not cracking my $50 screen protector.

Dome saved my Note 9 screen when it fell , that's all I will use and it sticks very well with any case I used.
I did read that on one YouTube video you need to hold for 1 minute on s10 for accuracy of the ultrasonic sensor .
If you register at Domes website you have lifetime replacement and only pay 9.95 shipping.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Dome saved my Note 9 screen when it fell , that's all I will use and it sticks very well with any case I used.
I did read that on one YouTube video you need to hold for 1 minute on s10 for accuracy of the ultrasonic sensor .
If you register at Domes website you have lifetime replacement and only pay 9.95 shipping.

Getting one for review. Apparently they have updated their install process to ensure there aren't problems with the FPS sensor. I don't know if that's the process you're talking but I will let you know.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It's been getting better and better for me. I'm not getting many flawless trys anymore (and yes my hands are dry a lot). I know people say it's not true but the more I use, the more it gets better

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's been getting better and better for me. I'm not getting many flawless trys anymore (and yes my hands are dry a lot). I know people say it's not true but the more I use, the more it gets better

It's get better with use because you're getting better at it, but it's not learning as you use it if that's what you mean.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It's get better with use because you're getting better at it, but it's not learning as you use it if that's what you mean.

I don't know but I'm doing the same thing as I was doing. Maybe when the phone is brand new it takes time for the fps to get use to you.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Have my Whitestone Dome here but really don't want to peel off the factory one and end up with the dome glass not working right with the FPS.

I'm having problems with the factory plastic and can only imagine how bad the dome could actually turn out.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know but I'm doing the same thing as I was doing. Maybe when the phone is brand new it takes time for the fps to get use to you.

No....it doesn't learn. There are couple of FPS systems that have a learning capability. The Samsung does not. It would be very difficult to do with ultrasonic.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have my Whitestone Dome here but really don't want to peel off the factory one and end up with the dome glass not working. right with the FPS.

I'm having problems with the factory plastic and can only imagine how bad the dome could actually turn out.

Have you installed a Whitestone before?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I did both of the Note 9's we had and a couple iPhones. They all came out perfect.
It's the factory protector I'm scared of losing and ending up with a dome that the FPS won't work with.

Just make sure you apply the pressure around the FPS sensor for a minute like in the directions on Amazon.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, I did both of the Note 9's we had and a couple iPhones. They all came out perfect.
It's the factory protector I'm scared of losing and ending up with a dome that the FPS won't work with.

This direction when u look up Dome on Amazon

Attachments

• 1130.jpg
    1130.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 43

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke