For anyone who owns the Note 9 and bought the s10 Plus, how much better is the S10 compared to your Note 9?

Is it worth losing the spen over?

I have the Note 9. Should I just wait for the Note 10 like Saki says?
    03-06-2019 12:45 PM
    I have a Note 9 and can give you my thoughts on the S10+.

Better than the Note 9: yes, as it has a beefier battery, better processor, better display and more RAM. Whether any of these translate into real world gains over the Note 9 is yet to determined. The only thing I am sure of is that I prefer the size of the S10+ to the Note 9.

If I used the S-Pen on the Note 9, I would not get the S10(+) and would wait for the Note 10. I don't use it much, so for me, I prefer the S10+.
    03-06-2019 02:26 PM
    Phone overall is definitely better. The deciding factor is gonna come down to how much you use the spen. I didn't use it often so it was a no brainer.
    03-06-2019 02:29 PM
    That is true. Only used the spen on my note 9 a few times. Mostly I would just click the pen in and out while it was in my pocket is all. I always get the note thinking I will use the pen. Then i never do.

But yes. Overall a great improvement over my note 9.
    03-06-2019 02:34 PM
    It always comes down to the S pen. If you look at reviews of the s9 plus and the note 9, except for a few minor design differences, the phones are very similar. But if your a fan of the note, just wait for the note 10.
    03-06-2019 02:39 PM
    It always comes down to the S pen. If you look at reviews of the s9 plus and the note 9, except for a few minor design differences, the phones are very similar. But if your a fan of the note, just wait for the note 10.
    The thing is I don't use the Spen a lot, BUT it really comes in handy. Like at my kiosk I can write down stuff I need to order. Also you can draw on stuff and such.

I don't use it a lot but it really comes in handy when you want to use it.

Another question would be if you have the 512gb, 8gb ram Note 9 would it be worth it for the standard S10 plus?
    03-06-2019 02:46 PM
    S10 plus feels like a much smaller then the note 9 but basically the same size
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    03-06-2019 02:50 PM
    I have a Note 9 and can give you my thoughts on the S10+.

Better than the Note 9: yes, as it has a beefier battery, better processor, better display and more RAM. Whether any of these translate into real world gains over the Note 9 is yet to determined. The only thing I am sure of is that I prefer the size of the S10+ to the Note 9.

If I used the S-Pen on the Note 9, I would not get the S10(+) and would wait for the Note 10. I don't use it much, so for me, I prefer the S10+.
    Not sure would tout a display with a hole, better. I can not tell a difference in visula quality, since I'm not a measuring device, but do notice the hole.
    03-06-2019 03:07 PM
    The thing is I don't use the Spen a lot, BUT it really comes in handy. Like at my kiosk I can write down stuff I need to order. Also you can draw on stuff and such.

Another question would be if you have the 512gb, 8gb ram Note 9 would it be worth it for the standard S10 plus?
    S10 plus feels like a much smaller then the note 9 but basically the same size
    It's a taller and thinner display.
    03-06-2019 03:08 PM
    With the Pie update. The Note 9 feels like a new phone and will hold me over until the Note 10 but i use my Spen all the time. My wife traded in her Note 9 for S10 but its because she wanted a smaller phone. I like the S10 and S10+ but i love the Note Series more and the Note 10 will be epic.
    03-06-2019 03:24 PM
    It's a taller and thinner display.
    Actually the display is exactly the same size as the Note 9. Not taller and thinner. The actual body of the phone is thinner/shorter than the N9.
    03-06-2019 03:27 PM
    Also with the UI and the way the phone looks it feels like an iPhone I can't be the only person LOL
    03-06-2019 03:35 PM
    Actually the display is exactly the same size as the Note 9. Not taller and thinner. The actual body of the phone is thinner/shorter than the N9.
    I wish they'd release the Note and the S line at the same time but then that would cost Samsung sales because of people like us on here who buy a new device like the S line then the Note 6 months later.
    NIZMOZ44 likes this.
    03-06-2019 03:42 PM
    I wish they'd release the Note and the S line at the same time but then that would cost Samsung sales because of people like us on here who buy a new device like the S line then the Note 6 months later.
    But we're not buying them most of us are financing / leasing phones
    03-06-2019 03:46 PM

I hear you on the don't use it much, but comes in handy. There will be about 10 or so times I miss my spen in the next 6 months. Then I'll have the note 10 and everything will be ok again. Also I find the s10+ to be a more manageable size and I have big hands.
    03-06-2019 03:54 PM
    Whether or not if it's worth it is ultimately up to you. For me it was. I left the note 9. Now I have a 10 plus. The ceramic got me color is awesome. Screen looks amazing and I love the thin bezels.

I'm willing to be the note 10 will be similar though. If you use the pen a lot maybe hold off until then. But for me it was worth the upgrade.
    03-06-2019 03:56 PM
    Phone overall is definitely better. The deciding factor is gonna come down to how much you use the spen. I didn't use it often so it was a no brainer.
    Absolutely agree. The S-Pen is the differentiator.
    03-06-2019 04:10 PM
    But we're not buying them most of us are financing / leasing phones
    Yes, but that is still buying and Sammy still gets the money in the end. Just not all at once. I would NEVER finance a cell phone, computer, gun, etc. It's not a house or car. Just sounds silly.
    03-06-2019 04:59 PM
    Its not silly because it's 0% APR. The phone still costs the same, but I can pay it off over 2 yrs
    03-06-2019 05:11 PM
    Yes, but that is still buying and Sammy still gets the money in the end. Just not all at once. I would NEVER finance a cell phone, computer, gun, etc. It's not a house or car. Just sounds silly.
    What's silly about 0% apr? Why pay it all up front when you can spread it out with no penalty? Seems silly to pay it all up front tbh.
    03-06-2019 05:14 PM
    What's silly about 0% apr? Why pay it all up front when you can spread it out with no penalty? Seems silly to pay it all up front tbh.
    Seems silly? Maybe. I know if I could afford to pay up front, I would. If I had that kind of income? Why not? Unlocked and mine. Use it as my daily driver for a couple of years then it's a quality backup. Doesn't seem so silly.
    03-06-2019 05:33 PM
    I have the Note9 and the S10+ (and the Razer Phone 2 and the OnePlus 6T)

The Note9 has been my favorite phone in a long time, and it felt particularly fresh with the One UI update.

I am typing on the S10+ and I do not feel that it is a worthy upgrade. I will most likely keep the Note9.

There is nothing "wrong" with the S10+ but it is physically smaller than the Note9 and noticeably so, which for me is a downside

I also am finding the camera hole to be very noticeable
    DaBlackman619 likes this.
    03-07-2019 06:27 AM